Gunsmith Duty Ability

daemonkin

Hi guys,

My opponent last night tried out his new Colette crew and proxied a gunsmith.

One question we had was the wording on Duty. No book in front of me but was something like this model's controller cannot be targetted in melee.

We ruled that this means Colette cannot be attacked in melee combat while the gunsmith is on the table.

Is this right? It makes sense according to the fluff, the gunsmith is there to threaten violence and not necessarily employ violent acts but can do if necessary.

D.

Maybe he was talking about Cassandra's Celebrity ability? Cassandra has an ability which says she can only be targeted by ranged spells/attacks during the first 2 turns, or until she makes an attack. The Gunsmith also has a somewhat similar ability, Concealed Weapon, which makes people have to do a WP -> 13 check before attacking him, until he makes an attack of his own.

We knew about Cassandra's ability and just misread the Duty ability. It made me wonder because normally Controller is a different term to Master and I was trying to figure out how the controller (opponent) could be targetted by melee strikes (ie charged). Now that I know the word is 'changed' it makes a whole lot more sense.

D.

We knew about Cassandra's ability and just misread the Duty ability. It made me wonder because normally Controller is a different term to Master and I was trying to figure out how the controller (opponent) could be targetted by melee strikes (ie charged). Now that I know the word is 'changed' it makes a whole lot more sense.

D.

Well SOME models are not able to be target by a charge (like lovely Mrs. Coryphee) but that's completely different than having melee actions directed at them.

It just means you can't CHARGE that model. Charging and making melee strikes/spells against a model are completely different things. For example one could walk within melee range of a model, and make a strike, or already be within melee range and spend their actions on straight up melee strikes/spells/abilities.

Even though the Gunsmith has NO rule preventing his controller (you, the player?!) from being charged, if he DID, you could STILL whack the master around...

d

• 8 months later...