Seamus and Onryo

osoi

I have been thinking of late on how to expand my Seamus crew and generally finding what he struggles against. In my search I have had a long hard look at the Onryo and what they offer him.

• Another Terrifying Model (albeit only 10)
  • Immediate Revenge for a friendly Spirit (a Hanged)
  • A way around Immune to Influence with Jiguko (sp?)
  • A way to ignore armour (albeit with only a low to moderate damage curve)

I can really see them comboing quite well with the rest of the crew and can give a different slant and can really go to town on crews in the WP department where they were previously safe eg hitting an Immune to Influence model with Jiguko then the Hanged or luring them around the board as well.

a 25ss sample crew I have come up with is:

Seamus

Grave Spirit

Rotten Belle

Rotten Belle

Hanged

Onryo

5ss cache

Its a little light on model wise but is quite durable.

I would like to hear others thoughts on this.

I'd be really interested in seeing what people think of this list. I'm currently running Kirai and have both Onryo and Hanged I'm working on along with a model I could proxy in as my grave spirit. I have a bit of a gap in my painting scedule in November while I'm waiting for the Shikome to come out and was already considering getting Seamus as a second crew.. I could get out a playable crew by just painting Seamus and 2 Belles so it would be a really good way to start out with Seamus + there are 2 models I'll already be used to using.

It sounds like a pretty solid crew, but with one fall back.

With the Onyro, it sounds like you're banking on the Hanged being slain, and I don't like that.

I wouldn't sink 8 points into something in a 25ss that was there mostly to die.

But honestly, it sounds good, so give it a try and keep us updated on how well it works. :]

I wasnt really banking on the Hanged being slain, they are absolute tanks when linked to the grave spirit and I was thinking with the Onryo giving him Immediate Revenge it makes it an even more difficult choice whether or not to shoot him as he is now a spirit with armour 2 and will basically be inflicting 1 wound back on you for every shot that you take.