Bayou Gremlins

ChaosLenny

You'll have to wait on a ChaosLenny response to see what techniques he uses to finish the bases, but I use SuperSoil brand Potting Soil on these bases. This potting soil dosent have the vermiculite / white foam beads in it. I thought the pieces of wood and general texture would look cool for the swamp / woodsy feel these guys have. (He's painted the gremlins and kin for me....as well as just about every other painted model i have.)

In order to prepare the potting soil for use, just make sure it's dry. In Arizona, you can leave it outside a couple days. In cooler or wetter areas, you can probably spread it out on a cookie sheet, and put it in an oven on LOW for a while (maybe even with the door open so heat doesn't build up too much and combust it), just keep an eye on it.

I put it in a plastic dish, spread glue on the bases, dip the base into the soil, move it around some, and pull the model back out, kinda squish the soil onto the base to make sure its glued, and brush off the excess.

I'm really happy with the way they came out.