War For Cybertron

Okay a little bit more futuristic then what is generally spoken about. But I got this game this week and it is amazing. I bought it for the 360 preorder through gamestop so I have shockwave. The storymodes are Autobot and decepticon and basically feature the start of the decepticon uprising. While the autobot storyline features the Rise of Optimus as supreme leader of the autobots.

This game has a build your own bot multiplayer. As well as a nazi zombiesque style game called escalation in which you use named characters. In the team deathmatch you build your own bot but you pick both an autobot and decepticon chasis because much like Call of duty they randomly decide which team you are on for that one. Theres a capture the flag as well as a zombie style multiplayer game like halo had.

It is areally awesome game and the developers used G1 style as well as war within comic designs to make places like Torxus Kaon, Iacon, The old Slave Tunnels, The Core, and other places of note on the fictional world of cybertron. Voice acting is really good as are the cinematics/cut scenes.

If you have the 360 and you get this game my gamertag is HP Soundwave. I will gladly school you all in Giant alien robot fighting :) . But seriously it is a fun game I suggest people pick it up for any system they have since it is splash release on all systems.

• 3 weeks later...

my brother and i got the preorder as well... the day we saw the trailer. I haven't liked any of the other games... but i think my hatred for those made this game just that much more of a victory... We finally quit stalling and finished it last week... hands down, one of my favorite games ever.... mostly because i got to be both soundwave AND sideswipe... all around Win

I picked up this game because there was more then one online review that compared this game to open world games like Borderlands. I was sadly disappointed that it was not an open world game and that it was fairly generic as a FPS, it really felt more like a rail shooter then anything else.

Yeah it is generic that a game can go at any time from a FPS campaign to a twisted metal campaign/demolition derby.

I get what you mean otherwise but I think what really sells this game is more the nostalgia of G1 and it's greatness over the existence of Micheal Bay and why anyone who has fond memories of G1 should choke him with his money. The fact that this is really the first good transformers game...ever.