Lady J, a good combo of shooting and CC?

studderingdave

after building a decently sized pandora force, i want something a bit less tricksy and more straight forward. i am looking for a general beatstick master with some good CC options with a good amount of shooty as well. at my LGS we play alot of 20ss into games and sometimes 40ss games, which is what i have pandora built for so i am looking for input on something for Lady J, as she seems to be a great beatstick herself.

any help?

I would be more in a combination of death marshall and witch hunters

the marshalls have good guns

the stalker have nice swords

so you have your basis balanced

then the samael has a very good gun

the judge can be pretty hazardous in close combat (I would prefer the executionner

lady J is a close monster

Sonnia can have pretty nasty range spells.

When on my opinion, the ortegas are good but are more range fighter (they will not give you additionnal close combat models) when the witch hunters give both of fightstyle

Lady Justice is a wonderful master. For the intro and low level 20 ss games that you are seeing at your local store she is fairly friendly because of the strong combo of shooting and close combat. At 20 points you not only can run the full crew but will have 5 souls stones as well. You might want to get a few games in at the 20-25 SS point and then decide how you want to expand based on more shooty or CC options.

The Ortega box is great and the strongest shooty crew. It will also give you another option if you are showing someone the game or feeling a different master. However, it is really worth the time to get a feel for her crew and then pick up more ranged or melee as needed.

so buying the lady J and then the ortega box will set me up pretty good then?

This is where I'm at. I have a Justice box (love it for 20-30 SS) and executioner. I'll be picking up an Ortega box and I just bought a Peacekeeper.

That's where I'm at for my Guild wants. I do think the Justice box has a nice melee/ranged balance though and i have had good success using them as a ranged force with Justice for melee clean-up.