Suggestions Vs the Victorias

MVM

If the Viktorias player is using the box set which is just about 30ss I would try and play a shooting game with them. Keep them at a fair distance and soften them up some before sending a beater in. I prefer sending in an Executioner as bait because even if he dies his slow to die can potentially bring him back. Equally a Death Marshal's slow to die would also be good to get a parting shot before leaving the board.

I have yet to run it but my list would run:

Sonnia Cridd

Executioner

Death Marshal

Death Marshal

Death Marshal

Papa Loco

maybe something else don't have the book in front of me, you can put in tool box aka Sammael Hopkins instead of the Executioner, but i think he is overused. Some of my dirty tricks with Sonnia is to purposely trigger Slow to Die by killing of my own Death Marshals via Violation of Magic netting a free attack from the Death Marshal. Additionally you can spawn the Witchling Stalker within 6" of where the Death Marshal died... SO i spawn him in melee range of an enemy for an extra free swing.

Don't try and out beat the outcasts - you will loose. Just out shoot them. The Viks have a limited pool of models that at 30SS you can bet on the gunslinger, Taelor, Johan plus maybe 2 more. If they are happy to proxy expect 1-2 ronin.

This can be a quite slow list. The key is to lure/obey the Viks out and away. Having said that, you need to kill them in 1 round. And if he has SS in the cache, these chicks are lethal.

So i would be going with Perdita, Nino, Satiago, maybe fransisco and then death marshals.

I fought the Viktorias with Sonia Criid the other day. I agree about adopting a shooting strategy as they are vicious in hand to hand. However, one cool thing is that a number of outcasts have "hard to kill," including Taelor (who you see in every Vik list). Hard to Kill is great for Sonia because it leaves enemies with 1 health left which can be turned into Witchlings with "Violation of Magic". I was able to win by turning two of his guys into additional Witchlings in a single turn. It was great fun.