Starter box matchup suggestions?

invaderzim

Hi there,

I'm about to order a couple of starter boxes and was after suggestions as to what particular combinations might make good adversaries.

An obvious one I suspect is Redchappel Gang vs Death Marshalls.

Does anyone have suggestions for what would make good starter match ups for So'mer Teeth or Zoraida?

I think my starting pair will include any one of those four, though I'm leaning heavily towards the gremlin box.

Cheers

Zim

I think Ramos vs So'mer Teeth would be a good bout. In So'mer short story it describes how he went after some miners. Just an idea. I am not sure who I would match up against Zordia. I am thinking that Marcus would be a good match for her. I have been only playing for three weeks. My starting crews are the Ortegas and Lillith.

I've played two games (my first and second, both opponents' firsts) with Seamus vs. Lady J. They've worked out pretty well, although I have a feeling Lady J and crew might be a tad stronger? Gotta keep playing with Seamus and his Ladies of the Eternal Evening, find their sweet spots.

I'd like to see who from Neverborn and Arcanists match up nicely, since I'd like to get one starter from each faction.

I've played two games (my first and second, both opponents' firsts) with Seamus vs. Lady J. They've worked out pretty well, although I have a feeling Lady J and crew might be a tad stronger? Gotta keep playing with Seamus and his Ladies of the Eternal Evening, find their sweet spots.

I'd like to see who from Neverborn and Arcanists match up nicely, since I'd like to get one starter from each faction.

The thing to understand is each of the guild crews is tooled to go up against a particular foe. So lady j is very anti-undead, Sonnia is anti-arcanist, and Perdita is anti-neverborn.

So if you want to look at balances you need to look at the themes of each box and decide how you want to balance out.

Nerdelemental did a great write-up on each faction (from a warmachine perspective) but is generic enough to give you an idea of how each crew plays.

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7657