Help with Zoraida

HerrUther

Hey all, I have played several games with Zoraida now, all against Guild, and I have been unable to put a dent in the opposition for the loss of my crew.

Now yes I am tactically inept, and perhaps the lack of scenery doesn’t help but I am getting triggered out of the game by Ortega’s and Witch Hunters.

Does anyone have any hints and or advice to get the best out of Zoraidas' crew?

All constructive criticism welcome.

I assume you're only using the box set? My suggestions:

First of all, play aggresively. The guild are all about putting damage out so if you let the game run on their terms you're going to get wiped. Use the Silurids leap and chameleon to your advantage and have them bouncing about all over the place so he can't draw a bead on them.

The Silurids should also be able to make it into combat pretty easily and they're pretty good at mincing whatever they contact! Especially against the Ortegas, with most of the family have a pretty pathetic combat stat they won't be leaving melee in a hurry even if you don't kill them.

Zoriada has some very, very annoying tricks. Link a voodoo doll to nino or loco and shoot/charge every turn with obey. With loco this has the added bonus of slowly eroding him. Try to bewitch Sonnia or Nino every turn if you can, not using CC makes them a whole lot less reliable. If you can Hex Perdita you can get rid of her annoying triggers, and against sonnia especially concentrate on her "auto-kill construct" trigger as I assume that's causing you no end of grief with Juju!

As fror Juju, use him VERY aggressively. Summon him in such a way your opponant will have to split his forces (such as behind them).

If you're playing more than 25ss, make sure Zoiada is loaded with SS. Not only will it stop some of the auto kill triggers if need be but you'll be wanting to summon Juju back whenever he's killed and also heal/prevent damage on the hag herself.

Remember, you can also use the voodoo doll to cast "repulsive", and push your models closer to the enemy!

edit: also, this should probably have been posted in the Neverborn section!

Thanks for the advice, I will try and implanment this on my next encounter.... heres hoping :thumb: