New stuff by Dark Sword

GRRM Masterworks - Rattleshirt - Sculpted by Jeff Grace

Jeff Grace had a good deal of fun with this piece as the different bones, skulls and such were fun to research and sculpt up. I really dig the bone axe. He is wearing the top of a Giant's skull for a helm.

grrm_5022_f_p_wip.jpg

grrm_5022_b_p_wip.jpg

grrm_5022_f2_g.jpg

Work in Progress Painted Picture

Painted by Matt Verzani

GRRM Masterworks - Mance Rayder - Sculpted by Jeff Grace

Jeff Grace did another amazing job on this character piece. This was a big milestone sculpt for Jeff personally. George loved the dramatic helm (as he told us those Raven wings needed to be impressive).

grrm_5023_f_p_wip.jpg

grrm_5023_b_p_wip.jpg

grrm_5023_f1_g.jpg

Work in Progress Painted Picture

Painted by Matt Verzani

Elmore Masterworks - Female Elven Archer - Sculpted by Jeff Grace

We wanted to get one more Elmore Masterworks mini in before the end of 2008. Larry has tons of amazing new artwork coming out in a new sketchbook in early 2009 - so lots of new mini ideas from the Elmore catalog. Jeff tweaked the pose a tad to make it a little more dramatic like a mid-battle shooting of a bow.

e_1162_f_p_wip.jpg

e_1162_b_p_wip.jpg

v_7412_f2_p.jpg

v_7412_b_p.jpg

v_7412_f_g.jpg

Painted by Marike Reimer

Visions in Fantasy - Female Mage with Swan and Cat (based on Stephanie Law Artwork) - Sculpted by Gael Goumon

I have shared a Gen Con booth with Steph for 5 years now. We have talked for a couple years about doing some miniatures based on her amazing artwork. So with that being said, here is our first miniature based on one of her pieces of artwork. If people like what we have done and purchase the miniature for their collections, we will do more. The artwork is down below. If you like what you see, be sure to visit Steph's Web site and check out all the great artwork she has done.

v_7601_f1_p.jpg

v_7601_b_p.jpg

steph_ls_g.jpg

Painted by Alison Scheirman.

Alison Scheirman

Link:

http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/

Always loads of work to do a Dark Sword news item but I really like how they show their stuff.

Pretty Elf (though a bit dumpy for an Elf?) but that female mage is stunning! Can't imagine a swan's webbed feet are too efficient for shoulder perching though....

I particularly love how 'classical' she looks (would make a great statue) - all willowy and those robes! Has to be bought.

EDIT: Darksword are one of the many minis companies that I've got in my 'I'll check 'em out properly one day' folder. Just had a look - holy cats! Can I have some more money please?...

Edited by v22TTC