[Movie review] Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

I watched it last night and I must say I surprised myself by liking it. I'm not a big Jude Law or Angelina Jolie fan and pulp/steampunk stories aren't really part of my culture, but I enjoyed its univers (IMO a mix of Indiana Jones, Hell Boy, and Blake and Mortimer) and graphics. Although the plot isn't revolutionary, it convinced me and I liked the general humor and retro feeling. My only grief goes to Gwyneth Paltrow acting, but I think it might come from the use of so many blue/green screens during the filming.

I think the movie fell a bit flat, especially with the 'star power' they tried to pull out with it.

But, yeah, as an 'homage' to Pulp-Stories I think it is a very fun movie to watch...And really is fun if you are interested in the Pulp genre as a mini painter or gamer.

It's definately worth a watch on a rainy afternoon.

I think the movie fell a bit flat, especially with the 'star power' they tried to pull out with it.

But, yeah, as an 'homage' to Pulp-Stories I think it is a very fun movie to watch...And really is fun if you are interested in the Pulp genre as a mini painter or gamer.

It's definately worth a watch on a rainy afternoon.

What he said ... not the greatest of movies but fun to watch and very entertaining.