New card game and hobby supplies from Privateer

Privateer Press to Expand Formula P3™ into Hobby Tool, Supplies, and Hobby Publications Seattle, WA. March 19, 2007 - Privateer Press, Inc. announces the expansion of their Formula P3™ brand into a full-service hobby line complete with instructional hobby guides to compliment the existing Formula P3 paint line and the miniature lines HORDES™ and WARMACHINE®.

"We're dedicated to transforming the entire hobby experience with our quality hobby products," said Nathan Letsinger, Marketing Manager for Privateer Press. "We are taking the same care and precision designing our hobby supplies as we did with our paints. We aim to revolutionize what people expect from a hobby manufacturer."

The first hobby tools released will be an array of quality brushes, the perfect companions to the acclaimed paint line designed by renowned miniatures painter Mike McVey. Other hobby products will be released in the following months, all aimed at providing the best hobby experience. The Formula P3 paints and hobby supplies will also play leading roles in a series of instructional hobby guides.

Authored by respected professionals, the upcoming Formula P3 Hobby Guides™ will give practical and expert advice for both experienced and beginning hobbyists. The first guide planned for 2007 covers the fundamental skills for painting miniatures for HORDES™ and WARMACHINE®.

Privateer Press, Inc. produces the award-winning tabletop miniatures game WARMACHINE, the hugely popular HORDES tabletop miniatures game, and the award-winning Iron Kingdoms role-playing setting. To learn more about Privateer Press, visit http://www.privateerpress.com/ or contact the president of Privateer Press, Sherry Yeary, at (425) 643-5900 or sherry@privateerpress.com.

Privateer Press to Release Card Game

Seattle, WA. March 19, 2007 - Today leading game publisher Privateer Press announced the release of a new card game. Infernal Contraption™, an infectiously fun card game for 2-4 players of age 12 and older, will be unleashed world-wide starting this summer.

In the game goblin mechanics race to assemble often-backfiring, nigh-uncontrollable magical machines. Through the strategic placement of arcane components like arcantric funnels, chthonic grinders, and entropic processors just to name a few, these crazy goblins risk life and limb to overcome the competition with the ultimate Infernal Contraption.

Designed by Matt Wilson, the award-winning designer of WARMACHINE® and HORDES™, Infernal Contraption features the same celebrated fast, intuitive game play found in all Privateer Press games. Illustrated by WARMACHINE and HORDES concept artists Chris Walton and Rob Hawkins, the game's brilliant full-color cards are lavishly designed and feature hilarious goblins racing to complete the construction of their maniacal machines.

"We are very excited to be releasing Infernal Contraption," said Matt Wilson, Creative Director of Privateer Press. "With both HORDES™ and WARMACHINE® running smoothly at full-steam, the development team has had time to explore new directions and develop exciting new games. Infernal Contraption is just one of many new offerings to come from Privateer."

Privateer Press, Inc. produces the award-winning tabletop miniatures game WARMACHINE, the hugely popular HORDES tabletop miniatures game, the award-winning Iron Kingdoms role-playing setting, and the Formula P3 hobby line. To learn more about Privateer Press, visit http://www.privateerpress.com/ or contact the president of Privateer Press, Sherry Yeary, at (425) 643-5900 or sherry@privateerpress.com.

More info:

http://privateerpress.com/company/default.php?x=press/news#expandP3

No clue whether the card game is collectible or not. My guess it will not be, but more like a regular Settlers-like game. I am most interested in the McVey brushes and whether they will paint like the W&N Series 7 (the ones his wife only uses!). The book is a logical choice to get new gamers more into the PP side of the hobby.

Well, to be honest Matty...I think PP gets a pass alot of times despite high-ish prices and such, just because folks really like them. GW gets bashed for very similar practices. Thats the reason I made the comparision above. If they continue to follow such goofy tactics (buy the NEW Privateer Press GLUE!! Only double what regular glue costs) it will hurt them and fans in the long run.

I'm with Witchfire...I WANT THE MINI'S!!! Card games come and go...I mean; look @ Magic, Warcraft ect. Cards are usally the same just formatted differently each time...where as mini's are always different (ect. GW) HA, HA!! The painting guide would be nice to have. Cheers!

Well, to be honest Matty...I think PP gets a pass alot of times despite high-ish prices and such, just because folks really like them. GW gets bashed for very similar practices. Thats the reason I made the comparision above. If they continue to follow such goofy tactics (buy the NEW Privateer Press GLUE!! Only double what regular glue costs) it will hurt them and fans in the long run.

Me?? Hello! I didn't say anything about glue or prices though? Just the painting guide. Im confused now, need a lie down.

I'm with Witchfire...I WANT THE MINI'S!!! Card games come and go...I mean; look @ Magic, Warcraft ect. Cards are usally the same just formatted differently each time

Like I pointed out it will not be like Magic, WoW, etc. as it will not be collectible. It will be more like settlers, Citadels, etc. So more like a regular Boardgame than a CCG.