Black Hat buys Gladiator Games

Title kinda says it all. Here's the press release

From 29th August 2006, Black Hat Miniatures will add the assets of Gladiator Games to the existing ranges. This includes all the 15mm and 25mm white-metal wargames figures, and the distribution of the Coat D’arms range of acrylic paints.

I have known Bill and Elaine Lucas since we were all in our late teens and running amateur Roleplaying Games magazines. I have seen them grow Gladiator Games from humble beginnings into one of the best known and respected companies in U.K. wargaming.

Gladiator Miniatures has an excellent reputation for their figures, especially the extensive 15mm ancient ranges, and Coat D’arms paints have an enviable reputation for quality and value for money.

I am looking forward to building on all the hard work that Bill and Elaine have put into Gladiator and to expanding the existing ranges, as well as adding new, complementary ones in the future.

Please bear with us as we finalise moving the assets and setting up the new workshop. I am hoping to keep disruption to a minimum, and to continue to offer the high levels of service that Bill and Elaine have provided over the years.

I will be reopening the Gladiator Games online shop as soon as I have the stock and equipment to be able to fulfill orders, and will also be moving our existing products into the same shop format.

The first show we will be attending with the new, very enlarged Black Hat Miniatures will be Colours on 9th/10th September in Newbury, where we will share our usual stand with Ian Marsh and Fighting 15s. We will have the full paint range with us and hope to have most of the more popular Gladiator Miniatures figure ranges with us as well, but it is going to take a while to build up show stock; so pre-ordering is advisable.

• 2 weeks later...

And it looks like they are finishing things up

We have now moved all of the Gladiator Games stock, and are now able to supply both Gladiator miniatures and Coat D’arms paints - as well as our usual ranges.

We have merged together the two online shops, and the Black Hat Miniatures ranges have been added to the Gladiator shop - which is accessible through the Shop button on our website.

This change of shop means that we have now adopted Gladiator Games’ percentages for postage, and thus reduced postage prices for all the Black Hat Miniatures products.

There may be some delay with Gladiator miniatures orders while we get the workshop up-and-running over the next couple of weeks.