The Temple of the Living Saint

tzor

The Temple of the Living Saint: This diorama was originally designed as an idea that I was going to bring to Gen Con for the contest. I was attempting a few new ideas here and I quickly realized that this wasn’t going to be competition quality. I learned a whole lot about how slowly glass paint takes to dry, for example. The diorama uses mostly figures from mega miniatures but the pillar of good from Reaper, St. Celestine the Living Saint from GW and a priestess from Freebooter add to the scene. Two of the minis were recently in a Wyrd miniature contest; the priestess in the bikini from Femme Fatale and the lone naked man with the brassier from Total Testosterone II.

img44a857a1e30f7.jpg

http://www.coolminiornot.com/126248

The ice cubes, aka the glass brick wall didn't come out very well. In theory it was designed to add an abstract transparent stone / stained glass effect and I was planning on having lights behind the walls add to the effect of the colors. Didn't work. The story is supposed to be a typical service in what is apparently a private chapel devoted to the living saint. The priestess, reads from the podium, the cantor sings while balancing two candles ... yes I know it's odd ... and the server is holding a brazier as the "statues" of the men, realistically painted, as is the pillar of good and the risiform of the Living Saint.

Not much of a story really, but there is a whole lot of highly interesting and mixed metaphores in it.