Malifaux at Mox - Friday Night Fights (10/13 Seattle)

Mox_Henchman

Next Friday (10/13) we will be hosting a Friday the Thirteenth inspired game!

Welcome Counselors to Camp Malifaux, it's time for a scary story!

(Play for effect!)

Setup:

• ·         Choose Hunter & Counselors
  • ·         Hunter places (6) 32mm “Camper” scheme markers on the field at least 6” from the table edge and any other “Camper” neutral scheme markers
  • ·         Counselors deploy within 6 inches of the center
  • ·         Hunter deploys in base contact of any board edge
  • ·         Hand size is restricted to 4 cards.
  • ·         All models lose the ability to summon models
  • ·         The first to 5 VP wins, due to the shortness of game length it is recommended that you switch roles and play a second game.

Hunter:

• ·         The Hunter is any one non-master model (0 point models are valued at 10 points!) totaling 13 points or less after upgrades are attached.
  • ·         The Hunter gains: Bloodlust: After killing an enemy model, this model gains reactivate.
  • ·         The Hunter gains: (0) “IT’S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!” (Ca: 6 / TN: 11 / Rg: -): This action may only be taken if no enemy model can draw LoS to this model. Place this model anywhere completely within 10” that is also within 1” of blocking terrain. This model may not take charge actions for the remainder of the activation.
  • ·         Whenever the Hunter kills or sacrifices an enemy model they gain +1 VP

Counselors:

• ·         The Counselors are made up of any combination (even those from other factions) of exactly 5 non-master models totaling up to 35ss including upgrades (Any  1 model is chosen as your “Leader” within regular restrictions)
  • ·         All counselors lose their Attack Actions for the duration of the game
  • ·         Counselors may interact with Camper scheme markers to gain +1 VP; if they do so, the Hunter may choose to place their model in base contact with the Camper scheme marker before it is removed.

First flip is at 6:30pm!

Mox Boarding House

1505 Leary Ave NW

Seattle, WA 98107

After playing this last night, I think that the biggest problem we had with it was that some models are simply better than others.  I won, not because I played better, or because my cards were on fire (though it helped that they were), but because my models shut my opponent down.  When I was the Counselors team, it helped to deny charges (Angelica).  When he tried to kill my Coryphee Duet with Crossroads Seven damage auras, I pushed out of them or healed the damage.

There has to be a way to better balance the models.