Yes, that's why I decided to try kinda of blog thread on painting progress. It's a first time, see how it goes :)

Small update today. Not much to see, but just to keep things rolling:

i1ab77.jpg

Base colors almost done for the first 4 models (the illuminated is a bit behind).

Also, I have finished basing the Mantic Ghoul I'll use as temporary proxy for a Depleted, due to the renewed regime of austerity that I have imposed to myself regarding the purchase of new models ^^

i4fuyf.jpg

Since Mantic models have an integral round base, I've tried to kinda of "sculpt" wood planks in it then use greenstuff to extend them. While working at it, I realized that they looked more than bricks than wood planks (probably due to my poor sculpting skill ^^) so I think I'll end painting them red :)

Ok, I've completed first couple of models:

IMG_7639.jpg

IMG_7651.jpg

IMG_7641.jpg

IMG_7645.jpg

Not 100% satisfied, as I would like to touch-up some details (Illuminated face behind the tentacles, or brighten Tot's eyes, for example), but I will call them finished and move on, for now, as my goal is getting the Crew fully painted for tabletop play, not for display :)

Small update:

Illuminated and Beckoner are getting first washes, hope I'll be able to complete them within the week, to save the last week for Jakob himself.

IMG_7733.jpg

Also, I've almost completed the ghoul I'm using as proxy for a Depleted:

IMG_7747.jpg

Originally I didn't planned him to be so yellow, more white-ish. Anyway I'm quite happy with the skin, even if it seems hes looking for Jessica Alba :P
Not very happy of the choice of making the vest single color, but as for now I do not plan to repaint it. Also it will be replaced by the proper model(s) sometime in the future, so as a temporary proxy I think it's good as is. Just want to touch up some details (like nails in the feet, and some yellow hues on the vest here and there) and finish the base. Then he will be ready to hassle opponents' crews :)

As usual, comments would be greatly appreciated :)