Skill Mastery and Defense Challenges

zeeblee

Here's a query for the lot:

If a player were to take Skill Mastery [Evade/Centering] would they get a :+fate when resisting attacks since Defense/Willpower are 2 + Evade/Centering?  If yes, would they not get the :+fate if their Speed/Tenacity were higher than the skills because Defense/Willpower would technically not be linked to Evade/Centering?

I'm curious since both in Malifaux Skirmish and in the TtB bestiary there are characters with suits added to defensive stats, and the only way to do that for Fated would be to use Specialized Skill [Evade/Centering] (if that even works either).

Thoughts?

I would say no.  They would get a Positive Twist on Evade Skill checks (i.e. to get out of the way falling debris) but a Resist Duel uses the derived aspect- not the skill itself.

I would say also that any suit attached to the skill (through specialized skill, for instance) becomes part of the derived aspect.  The suit is part of the "value" of the skill along with the rating.