M2E Skirmish rules confusion.

gonzo917

I just ran my first game of Through the Breach tonight with my group and i used the Malifaux Skirmish Rules dictated on page 122 of the Fatemasters Almanac. I interpreted the rules as that each Fated player would flip, and draw from their twist decks instead of the Communal fate deck for attacks and defense. I, the FM, would have my own deck and treat my NPC's as a normal crew drawing and cheating for them normally.

Another experienced M2E player brought it to my attention that my interpretation was incorrect and that the Fated players would flip from the communal fate deck for attacks, defense, and damage, but cheat from their hand as normal. Which interpretation of the rules is correct, because i'm having a hard time figuring it out.

To clarify my question, when using M2E Skrimish Rules in TTB do players flip for attack, defense, and damage from their 13 card twist deck and cheat with their 3 card hand or do they flip for attack, defense and damage from a communal deck and cheat from their 3 card hand?

Rules As Written on page 122:

Twist Decks: Each player will draw  cards from their own Twist deck instead of the communal Fate Deck. This is the main advantage that the players have over the Fatemaster. Their maximum hand size is three, however. They otherwise are each treated as a player within the M2E game rules, discarding and drawing cards as normal. when the rules require a Fated character to "discard a card," for instance, it is the fated character's player that will discard the card.

When using the skirmish rules the players will flip from the communal deck and cheat fate with their twist hand as per normal in TTB. The Fatemaster flips from their own fate deck and cheat from a hand drawn from said deck as per M2E rules.

Effectively, using the skirmish rules just gives the FM a deck, gives the FM a hand, and translates all yards measurements into inches to be used on a tabletop battlefield with minis.