Dragon's Bite

sadakuno

Question

So I recently played a game with the Viks and this question came to me while playing.  You target a model with dragon's bite, but then all sisters within 6'' can be placed in base contact.  These sister shouldn't need los right?  They're not the ones doing the targetting until they're actually performing the ml action. 

Lastly, assuming los isn't needed, how would height be measured here?  For example, if Ash is targetting a model on the second story inside a building, and Blood is outside said building, how do we measure?  Is it a combination of vertical and horizontal, or just horizontal?

Thanks in advance guys.

4 answers to this question

No, the other sisters do not need LoS to place. As you say, they do not target until they do their Ml action.

A place will allow you to change height. As long as there is room on the same level, the sisters end up base to base on the same level as the target.

The base assumption is that you measure top down. Some stuff is exempt from that, like movement. I don't know of any exemption that applies to a wording like that of the Dragon actions.

Edit: Also, on page 41 it explicitly says that range is not affected by vantage points (which is what the game calls differences in elevation).