Greetings from Cornwall.

Hello everyone.

I was once a warhammerholic but grew bored of what the game has become. Searching for something fresh I was introduced to malifaux and I fell in love with it.

Anyway, I have joined this forum to learn about the game and be a part of the community.

• Like 1

Welcome! I must confess I still play and love WH40k, but for me the difference between it and Malifaux (other than army vs skirmish) is the competitive scene. The UK Malifaux tournament scene is really friendly, helpful and fun. Personally, I think Malifaux and Bushido are the most entertaining and characterful skirmish level games out there (although Eden looks pretty cool... ;)).

What faction/masters tickle your fancy?

40k and WHFB are the games that got me into wargaming when I was a kid and I will always love them but it seems that as you get older you have less time to spend painting and playing:-( malifaux on the other hand has scratched an itch. It's been an enjoyable experience playing a game that is easy to pick up bit presents so much depth of play.

I have been playing arcanists so far, I seem to have more success with Ramos and rasputina. Marcus, on the other hand, seems a bit harder to get the hang of (either that or I have missed the point with his crew entirely!)

How about you?

I haven't played Bushido yet but from what I have seen, which is not much at all, it looks very good.

Arcanists are a great faction with a wide variety of play styles - I was sorely tempted with them myself (started with Mei feng - well in terms of plastics)

It's all been a bit difficult as I love the majority of the models but after much wrangling I decided to go with Ten Thunders (not before buying some Neverborn crews though!). It helps that I can proxy in some Bushido models until the official models arrive!

Yeah if you get a chance have a bash at Bushido. It's more tactical than Malifaux but has less variety of factions

Greetings to you.

Although I haven't got much experience with arcanists (Yet) one of hte players at our regular game night has had some great games with Mei Feng both as an Arcanist and with Ten Thunders crews, she's like a bouncy killing machine.

• 3 weeks later...