good work wyrd

izikial

hi, this post is of no real consequence, its just for me to congratulate wyrd on what I like.

limited upgrade's

I love these, at first I thought you had ripped the heart out of everything I loved, but then when I found these upgrades it smiled like a Cheshire cat, I love having diversity and options. also these limited upgrades allow you to make the old masters, but only part of them. I have gamer adhd and like to swap around a lot, and like to feel unique. and these upgrades fulfil that requirement nicely, it sort of odd but I like limitations, and having to pick a road and then deal with my choice. ideally id like all masters to have 2-3 limited upgrades in time, but im fine as it is.

masters I like (including 2nd wave beta)

guild

no, sry but guild doesn't work for me, the hoff is ok but im not completely sold

ressers

I think you have done a good job with the ressers, I like all of them except Kari (she's to mopey), and Seamus (he doesn't quite have enough going on for me) but all in all I think the ressers have bean really well designed they have nice internal combos and external synergy's. no the bad point, I know with a group called the resurrectionist's your expecting to make new models but im not to into that, it requires having a huge surplus of models, and I fell a bit like im wasting my time when my master spends there turn to make a new one (I know its worth it but still)

mc morning good (no actions required to make models, it just happens)

nicco cool, this guy has style

yan, love the theme of growing in power

molly, really interesting and I don't mind her summon

tara, more on her latter, I consider her a outcast

arcanists

1st ed these guys were my jam, I loved them, the diversity with synergy. 2nd ed im leaving them behind, I don't have the same wonder for them any more and can see so many unique cool masters that the arcanists don't feel like they have. I have always hated how raspy is op in the story's, kind of feels like your compensating for making her a bit lame in the first book story, now no one can beat her. the drastic requirements for each master is kind of a pain (taking a moleman with Ramos was a strong defence but ultimately felt wrong) but its ok.

raspy, in the story I never liked this lady, in game well she works, very simple play style, to me feels like Leveticus for learners. but that doesn't mean that blast markering your own ice gamin a few times until it pops and taking out 3 slurids or steam punk arachnids is very gratifying.

Marcus, 1st ed was a no for him im afraid to eclectic but ultimately weak, it took him every card, ss and ap he had to do what zoraider could with 2 ap and 2 cards. in this edition I like him, I feel his beasts are more usable and he got a small buff all over it feels like.

collet, 1st ed the strongest arcanist, 2nd ed the strongest arcanist. I don't like her, not keen on her crew, art style, story. I also like and underdog

mai feng, I have no experience with her, she looks strong, and gives you a collet style master but with a bit more bite, I would play her but as I said im not to keen on archanists any more. also I don't like dual faction masters for the most part, it can make conflict when a resser player says im getting yan lo next and the 10t master says oh I was going to get him next :(

karies, im seeing a lot of condition removal now and its making me reluctant to play a condition spam master, especially as soon as shenlong come's out its all the 10t players are going to be playing him. she's as strong as raspy with a little more aggressive versatility so she is good, but I don't have her and im not doing anymore archanists

Ramos, my favourite 1st ed master, loved his avatar. felt distraught before I saw his upgrades then better after, I preferred a more aggressive buffy Ramos with 1 or 2 summons a game, but I feel like the best way to play him now is summon spam (and summon spam is very strong but not my style) so I have gone of him a little, also annoyed that raspy beat him in the fight, I feel like Ramos should beat any of the archanists as he knows there weakness's, not because he's just better than them

iron sides, I have no idea, I hear good things and id try her if I were still blue but I have had no dealings with her so cant really comment

neverborn

not overly keen on neverborn, there are a few I like

Pandora, my first master, found her confusing and gave up on her and then grew to hate playing against her, basically the same girl, but a bit less painful and annoying to play against

lillith, the changing tot's puts me of her as she needs excess models, I think she may be fun to play as but very simple

zoraider, love her, I have no intention of playing nb but if I did she would be the 1st/2nd master I got I love her complexity and hidden damage spikes and power, also lover her limited upgrade choice

Lucius, eh not for me, to guildy

dreamer, built up a steady hate for him in 1st ed, he seams a lot tamer now, but playing a little boy doesn't work for me

Jacob, I like this guy, each game feels like a challenge, the brilliance thing is a little annoying, but he is the other master I would get for nb, also like his upgrade choices

colloid, interesting, very interesting, being all grouped up worries me a little bit, id like to see him played a lot more to make a decision, but hes a lose 3rd on my list of favourite

outcasts

my 2nd end faction of choice, I love how unique and varied all there masters are, needing a huge amount of models is a bit daunting but I love some of there masters a lot

levi, got him gen 1, only played 3 games with him, but one them all, I felt like he had been destroyed originally, but its all there, its just not as strong as he used to be. this is the guy im playing with till tara is out, in terms of attacking his choices are very limited but its everything else that he makes more confusing/fun/interesting

jack daw, I want him, I want him so bad, well I have him, he was in my 1st ed levi crew but I mean a full box of his stuff, levi, this guy and tara are going to be my trio of masters, love his theme, love his crew, love him from 1st ed. good work on this guy wyrd

Tara, sooo interesting, very physically weak, but still so interesting, I intend to play this lady a lot, and once again say well done wyrd although her damage out up is weak (its possible to kill a model in 1 turn with her but she will die straight after), I think if she had more then she would be to good, also her crew is a little iffy, her totem is weak and expensive and the nothing beast doesn't really bring anything another model cant bring without being better

viks, eh, not for me, good, strong, mobile, but I had no love for them in 1st ed, and 2nd ed hasn't brought me around, there story is cool though

von chill, hes to bland, I read some were that von is just good at everything, hes not the best at stuff, hes just a solid guy, and to me that is a little vanilla

misaki, to soft and her damge is very suit dependant, not for me

Hamlin, as he was so op in 1st ed I didn't really bother with him (prefer underdogs) I would defiantly play him if it wasn't for needing 30 or so rats (I know that's an over statement) but I hate the model surplus required

ten thunders

nope, a faction consisting of other faction models sounds like hell to me, shenlong is interesting, but not enough

gremlins

have always been a joke to me, I cant handle there self destruction and find them silly not cool, if I had to pick one it would be wong as he has some really nifty stuff (or zoraider obviously) but none of the factions things take my fancy so not worth it to me

all In all I like second ed, I think balance is better, rules are clearer and more water tight, there is more choice. all I ask is that you put the story in story books so I can have the story all collected together including from the first ed books.

• Like 1