Somer with Pigs

Derkus

Has anyone tried this yet? If so how did it go? What did you take? and other such questions?

I have been looking at the following 50SS list but have not put it on the table yet. I am not sure how effective it will be, but it looks like it might be fun.

Somer: Dirty Cheater, Con o' Beans, Pig Feed

2 Skeeters

Lenny: I'll Love it and Pet it...

Hog Whisperer

Slop Hauler

Warpig

3x Piglets

Cache - 6SS

A second Hauler might be needed which would probably either drop both skeeters or 1 Skeeter and a Piglet. The plan would be to advance up the board creating piglets and tossing feed at anyone who came too close.

Has anyone tried this yet? If so how did it go? What did you take? and other such questions?

I have been looking at the following 50SS list but have not put it on the table yet. I am not sure how effective it will be, but it looks like it might be fun.

Somer: Dirty Cheater, Con o' Beans, Pig Feed

2 Skeeters

Lenny: I'll Love it and Pet it...

Hog Whisperer

Slop Hauler

Warpig

3x Piglets

Cache - 6SS

A second Hauler might be needed which would probably either drop both skeeters or 1 Skeeter and a Piglet. The plan would be to advance up the board creating piglets and tossing feed at anyone who came too close.

Somewhat early in M2E open beta (prior to the Pig Feed upgrade being introduced) I ran a Pig-centric list against the Family and did well. Piglets with their Small Target ability are great little tarpits to tie up even Perdita (Df 6 and [-] to hit), the War Pig gobbled Nino and healed off him, etc. It worked fairly well but it was a low point game and we were still adjusting to M2E. I haven't played it since.

I think there are two ways to possibly go with a Somer/Pig list.

1.) Run Somer pretty far forward to abuse Tossed Feed and use him as a primary ranged threat (he's pretty decent with that Boomer).

2.) Run an augmented summoning engine where you burn AP killing your own summoned BGs to turn them into Piglets. Unfortunately the change to Drunk & Reckless makes this harder. Before you could summon a new BG at 2 wounds, activate him and Reckless to bring him to 1 wound, and then he'd be ripe for an auto-kill next round with even Weak damage. Can't really do that anymore :/

I think option #1 is probably the better route with the rules in their current state. Send your pigs forward with Lenny and Slop Hauler in support to make sure they get where you want them relatively unscathed and then you can out-range melee threat on nearly everyone with Sooey! and Tossed Feed. Once you let the Pigs go you have your support models hang back for dropping Scheme markers and the like.

Pigs are good with support but they aren't *as* dependent on them as BGs are because you won't be killing yourself with Dumb Luck and requiring healing, etc. The real support they need is just a delivery mechanism. So once they get there it frees up your support a lot I would think.

Option #1 is pretty much how I imagine it. In my first beta game I played Somer vs Misaki with no upgrades and Somer won with a little support so I know he can hold his own when in close. I figure a group containing Somer, Lenny, a hog whisperer and a hauler in fairly close proximity will be pretty daunting for any form of frontal assault. I'll need to be careful in a lot of cases depending on the opponent as it might prove easy to pick off the Hauler.

Mostly however, I just want to get to the point in game where Somer can say in his best Mr. Burns voice "Release the Pigs"