Expanding the toolbox....

Zggy91

So I have recently gotten into Malifaux, and picked up the Tara box. I am really happy with it, and I have picked up some supplementary models in the form of Aeions, Killjoy, and the Scion of the Void and I am going to put in a guilder order for Miss Terious. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to where I could go from here to get the most of the models that I have.  I have a very limited budget at this point, so I don't want to go over a crew box and one or two of the side boxes. Any feedback would be appreciated, and don't really have any qualms about going Resser or Outcasts.

There are a few ways to play Tara. The two most common are Beast Bomb and Aggressive Bury. Death Marshals, Karina summons (Guild Autopsies especially), and Scion fit well in any of those. Killjoy and/or Bishop are staples of the Beast Bomb strat, as they're big beaters she can bury/unbury into the enemy's face. Aggressive Bury really likes Hannah, and Aionus on occasion. Additionally anything that really wants Fast is gold in Tara, like Taelor and Convict Gunslingers. Finally, Johan and Sue are faction staples, so you can never got wrong with either one.

On a budget, I would get Sue at the very least. He's good in every single game, no matter the schemes or strats. Then I'd decide which idea you like more, throwing giant Fast beaters into your opponents turn one and tearing them apart, or burying your foes and grinding them down in a game of attrition. I'd get Killjoy for the former, and Hannah for the latter. Then, as you can, pick up a Death Marshal and Johan.

Have fun Heralding Obliteration!

Thanks for the feedback!

I already have the Scion of the Void, Killjoy, and Aionus, and I have had great fun with the scion and Killjoy. I haven't played much with Aionus, but I plan to use him in a few games this week.  I have been debating picking up the Von Shill box for the librarian and the trapper in addition to having access to another master, followed by Hannah and maybe strongarm suits after her. I have not looked into Sue, Bishop, or Johan. I have also heard a lot of good things about the convicted gunslingers. Any feedback about them?