Prize support for local tournements

Hideandseekchamp

Hi All

just thinking about putting a tournament package together, and prize is something we like to pride ourselves on.

so would £12.50 entrance fee

and the prizes would be for every 4 people that come, we would give a box crew away

something like the following

3 - 4 players - 1 crew to 1st place

5 - 8 players 2 crews - 1 to 1st place and 1 random give away

9 - 12 players 3 crews - 1 to 1st place, 1 to 2nd place and 1 random give away

13 - 16 players 4 crews - 1 to 1st place, 1 to 2nd place and 2 random give aways

would these be something people can get behind

let me know what you think?

Where will your tournament be? Does your entry fee include lunch?

The general tenor (across the whole country as far as I can tell, and I travel a fair bit) is people tend to prefer trophies and cheaper entry fees over cash/voucher/boxed prizes. (Even the ones that win a lot.)

Unless it's a wee giveaway to everyone, or raffled thingies. They seem to be popular as well. Especially in combination with charity.

Hi Marifaux

it will be in Doncaster, south yorkshire

could certainly come down to £10, with being in the Doncaster town centre,  you have the choice of subways, mcdonalds, and various other food places all within 2 - 5 mins walk

I will be honest I love random give aways, gives everyone the same chance, before we have ran previous xwing tournaments you get a raffle ticker on entrance and the winners are well chuffed

From my experience crew boxes and models tend to be less popular as unless its one you particularly want, or have some interest in. LE models and the like is more popular, but I tend towards hobby related stuff such as terrain, tokens, counters, basing materials and the like.

As Maria said trophies or certificates for the podium places, and a wooden spoon of course are very popular.

I suggest that you look round at some of the photos of events on facebook & blogs, and certainly attend a Malifaux tournament before running one yourself.