Kirai Jackie Chan "Queen of the ShadowKhan" conversions

LupusFerreus

This is a project I've been wanting to do for a while, so I thought I'd get some helpful input from you chaps and chapesses before I get the models (and more importantly, the money). I've always been a massive fan of the show Jackie Chan Adventures (I want those talisman powers) and especially the Shadowkhan. For those not in the know, the shadowkhan are shadow ninjas that serve the Dragon Sorceror Shen Du and later the Oni. There were originally one type of ninjas that then spread out into different kinds (more on this later).

Now, how does this pair up with Kirai you ask? Well, there was a brief period where Jade Chan (Jackie's impulsive plucky yada yada yada you know the type) becomes possessed by black magic and becomes "Queen of the Shadowkhan". Although it was just one "clan" of Shadowkhan, I've been thinking as I got into Malifaux that Kirai could serve as Jade and have several of the spirits serve as the different types of Shadowkhan:

Kirai - normal Jade, no blue skin, but dressed as Queen of the Shadowkhan

Ikiryo - Enraged Jade, Queen of the Shadowkhan

post-8604-13911925958574_thumb.jpg

Seishin - Squid Khan

post-8604-13911925958408_thumb.jpg

Datsue-Ba - Daolon Wong (not technically a Shadowkhan but screw it he's evil. I'll have him carry the Pan Ku Box)

post-8604-13911925958055_thumb.jpg

Shikome - Bat Khan

post-8604-13911925957865_thumb.jpg

Lost Love - Jackie Chan? This is the only one I struggle with, apart from perhaps Ninja Khan

post-8604-13911925958217_thumb.jpg

Onryo - Razor Khan

post-8604-13911925958861_thumb.jpg

Edited by LupusFerreus

Haha this is so ambitious... I love it :P

There seems to be a lot of companies making asian themed models... Check out bushido, and some historical japanese stuff, and of course wyrd's own 10T models.

I'd probably use torakage for the basic ninjas, I think bushido have some creepy girl that would work well as either version of jade.

Nothing yet, I don't even have the original models. I wondering about how much I can convert the existing models and if I need to start from scratch or convert other models and use as proxies. Are there any tournament restrictions, do they have to be Malifaux models?

I haven't done anything this extensive yet, I'm wondering how much I can get done with just green stuff.

From what I understand if you plan to play in a tournament you have to have official malifaux models as base models (as in they can be converted but still have to be the model from wyrd).

The only thing I am certain of is that the Gaki equivalent would have to be made of greenstuff. I can't think of any model that is similar in shape to the Leech khan.

I think the easiest models to do will be the Leech Khan Seishin (only real head changes) and Bat Khan Shikome (needs arms). My plan for the Shikome is to use the arms from the Gaki which I will be removing and adding a little Pop-Eye green stuff to hench out the arms. Then I'll get some a pack of Steampunk Arachnid Swarms and pop the left over Gaki heads on top. Sorted!