Coryphee Dance and Slow to Die.

Porfyalum

Question

Greetings,

First time poster here.

I am an avid mini's collector and always liked wyrd minis.

I wanted to try Malifaux for a while now but was detered by the complete lack of folk to play with, and finaly convinced the GF to give it a try so i grabbed us 2 small armies ( Lady J for her and Showgirls for me) and we gave the game a try last night, and we stumbled onto a situation i was not sure what was meant to happen.

I had a Coryphee Duet attacking a Executioner. I manage to Dance around him a bit trying to always stay away from him enough so he cannot reach them and then managed to deliver the final blow. I had a mask to use then so i could use the "One fluid Motion" trigger.

But at that point we were uncertain by the exact series of the events...

After the Executioner dies he can make one final attack to the duet, but also after he takes damage the duet can be pushed away 4'' into a safe area. which happens first?

Thank you for the help in advance.

3 answers to this question

It goes like this in simple terms:

1) You deal Dg to defender - you are now in the "damage dealing" step

2) Defender is killed!

*Slow to Die interrupts the sequence. Completely resolve the model's Slow to Die action*

3) Defender is removed from the table - you are now finished "damage dealing"

4) You are now "after damaging" so One Fluid Motion lets you move

Edited by Calmdown

In retrospect this seems kinda obvious, altho years of gaming have foolishly conditioned me that getting your health at 0 and dying are not the same thing... :-P

Actually this is not exactly the same in Malifaux either. Model reaches Wd0 -> model gets killed status -> effects like Slow to Die kick in -> after resolving those effects you check if model is still at Wd0 -> if not: model lives and continues to operate normally (note: if the model dies because of Headshot and similar triggers then you can't avoid death with for example a Healing action from Slow to Die)