Nicodem's Arise.

Ausplosions

Question

So, Nicodem's (0) action Arise (pulse 10) says sacrifice ALL Corpse counters. Summon 1 mindless zombie per counter sacrificed.

I was told today that this can include corpse counters carried by my own -and seeing as it does not say otherwise, my enemy's- models.

It is also a pulse, so that would mean counters carried by Nico himself could NOT be sacrificed..

Thoughts?

4 answers to this question

My thought is you should read the rules manual. Sorry to sound harsh but far too much rules lawyering goes on already. Just read the manual and you will find your answer.

so this guy clearly has a "little man" complex.

I read the rules. But as far I was aware you couldn't use counters carried by another model.

Anyone who is not a complete muppet want to chime in?

omnivision's referring to page 18 of the manual (in a somewhat crude way). I'll paraphrase:

> A model can never discard/sacrifice/use/whatever counters carried by another model, unless the ability specifically tells you that you can (take a look at the Chihuahua's Fetch ability).

> A pulse doesn't affect the caster, so Arise can't use corpses carried by Nicodem, only corpses on the board.

Hope this was more helpful.

Edited by Headcase2
Spelling :(