Freikorpmann

Refraint

Hello everyone!

Weeklong lurker and newly swayed into the world of Malifaux I thought I'd wait with my first post 'til I at least had a model painted. And, as just happens, I do.

Freikorpmann.jpg

http://refraint.deviantart.com/art/Freikorpmann-1-270184195

Looking at him now I am probably going to add a tuft of grass or two on the base to make it more interesting, but for now it will do.

I've played with the imagined light source on this guy, placing it somewhere above and to the right, measuring from his face.

Sadly, my camera has been started acting up so the pictures are so-so. Still show most of the effects on him, but nothing compared to holding it in your hand.

Anywho, I'll be back once some more models are done!

Very smooth, very nice in general. I aggree with you about the base, it needs a splash color to make that empty space 'pop', a tuft of bright grass, a bright bottle or blood splash perhaps, something simple though.

Otherwise the model is very well executed, clean and realistic color palette make this feel like a historical model instead of a steampunkfantasywestern!