Rawr Gremlins!

zombied00d

I've been playing the Gremlins since November, roughly when the game was introduced to my local gaming store. We got the new book and the Ophelia box set in last week and I finally got a chance to use it last night against our "Henchman", who is also one of our top players. He uses the Ortega's. In my experience against him with just Som'er and company I've never been able to beat him. I've had so much trouble...until now.

Last night I used Som'er, 3 Gremlins, 2 Skeeters, Ophelia, Rami, and Francios. He used Perditta, Francisco, Santiago, Nino, and a Peacekeeper. Ophelia and Rami took out the Peacekeeper turn 2!! By turn 6 it was just Som'er and Perditta left on the table. I lost, but the fact of the matter is Ophelia and her box set make the Gremlins highly competitive. With Dumb Luck you can dish out a ton of damage and Som'er being able to heal every one it becomes rape train. I can imagine with the Slop Hauler it can become even better!!

A few schemes gives 3 VP it seems.

Eye for an Eye, Steal Relic, Power Ritual, Plague on Malifaux..

Dunno if I missed any.

Ah yeah I forgot a few do. Need to review those before my tourney and make a call on whether I allow them.

I am okay with Eye for an Eye and Steal Relic since anyone can take them, but Power Ritual and Plague on Malifaux are limited to faction(or master). Even if they are hard to pull off I am not sure its fair to allow them when other factions or masters don't have a 3 VP option.