samurai jack sculpting blog

AntiZombie

...a FOOOlish samurai steped forth, with a MAGIC SWORD, to O-pose me...so i flung him into the future where my evil is law....

hey all, so i decided that it was high time for me to get over my fear of greenstuff and try and do some mini sculpting myself! and of all things what did i decide on? samurai jack, WACHA. Things are going pretty well so far ( given its my first time). so here is some progress.

Sketch of the rough pose

legs.JPG

legs and part of the armature im using ( ya i know im using an armature :( )

sketch.JPG

the head: still working through it but its going ok :)

head.JPG

enjoy and check back :turtle:

Big update as ive had the weekend off.

Cloak is pretty well off

P1010005.JPG

Sword and a new view

sword_and_fig.JPG

Added the head and hands

two_peices_two.JPG

put it all together

alomst_done_front.JPG

almost_done_back.JPG

so what i got left is finishing up the arms, polishing off the head and eyes, sandals and any touch up work that may need doing

all in all i was suprised how easy the hands where to do. it was tough attaching all the seperate peices though. Im learning alot by doing this and ive already got an idea for another peice to sculpt. The sword was kinda tough to do though, plasticard really needs to be done with larger portions. Im not sure how well the acutal blade will come out.

also if anyone has any basing ideas let me know, i put so much brainpower into the figure ( ya i know im not that good a sculptor but it was alot of brainpower for me) i cant think of basing ideas

peace out

AZ

Edited by AntiZombie

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...