Damage, dying, malevolence, and Ikiryo. a question.

wana10

Question

Tried out Kirai for the first time last night against a Sonia player and came across a question. Having never played against Sonia I was unaware that her blasts had greater range and so left my Lost Love a little too close to Datsue Ba. If Datsue Ba is hit and the blast would kill the Lost Love does malevolence still trigger causing Ikiryo to pop up near the attacker? We decided it would as there seem to be other abilities that go off or trigger in the brief period between damaging and dying but we wanted to check to see if there was something we were missing as we are all pretty new to the game. 

Other slightly related question, if one of my models (as the Kirai player) is obey'ed and attacks another one of my models does the Ikiryo appear or is the obey'ed model still considered friendly and so the ability doesn't activate? (malevolence requires damage from enemy model)

Thanks for your time, it was interesting playing Kirai for the first time and probably would have gone better if I hadn't failed a good half of my summon attempts...

2 answers to this question