Scorpion0x17's showcase.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cheers guys.

Here are the finished things, along with some generic Corpse Markers:

Sorry it's not a great photo.

They're done as follows...

The markers come with the design engraved into them, and with a masking film over the unengraved parts (this can be seen around the Phoenix design in the

previous photo).

I start by cleaning off the dust left from the engraving process, and painting several layers of Vallejo White Surface Primer thinned with Vallejo Glaze Medium and Water, in a 1:1:1 ratio, into the engraving.

In the case of the Corpse Markers I then painted GW Bleached Bone thinned with Vallejo Thinner Medium ('to taste') into the skull design.

With the Scheme Markers I gave the Phoenix design a couple of coats of GW Skull White thinned with Vallejo Thinner Medium ('to taste'), as the White Surface Primer was a little patchy in places.

Then to get the flame effect on the Phoenix I first mixed up three separate wells of Vallejo Transparent Yellow, Vallejo Transparent Orange, and Vallejo Transparent Red each mixed with Vallejo Glaze Medium and Water in a 1:2:2 paint:medium:water ratio.

The Yellow mix was then painting heavily into the central area of the design, the Orange around it, and then the Red just touched into the outer most areas of the design.

The Yellow, Orange, and Red treatment was then repeated (after the first had dried) to smooth the transitions somewhat.

When this was dry I then carefully removed the masking film, touched up any areas that needed it, and applied a heavy coat of Vallejo Gloss Varnish thinned with Water (3:1).

I could have repeated the Yellow, Orange, and Red treatment a third time, or more, to smooth out the transitions even further, but the more layers you apply the harder it is to remove the masking without the paint lifting out of the engraving.