The Hanged

maidstonearch

Question

Hi guys

recently i`ve started playing malifaux with the Rezzies and i`ve picked up The Hanged.

I was wondering if abilities such as Horrible end which have a WP duel count as a morale test or not ?

This is important as certain abilities (construct,spirit,undead etc) means that these models are immune to morale tests but as the rules do not say they are morale tests are these models affected.

So basically can a construct be scared by them?

Thanks for any help

2 answers to this question

Morale Duels are a very specific game effect, typically caused by Terrifying. There are many other abilities which have Wp resists, but are not Morale Duels.

Constructs and Undead are specifically immune to Morale Duels. That doesn't help them against other abilities with a Wp resist, such as the Hanged's Whisper From Beyond, or Lure (and the thought of a Rotten Belle Luring an Ice Golem makes for an amusing mental image).

To steal from Sketch's sigline, "All Morale Duels are Wp duels, but not all Wp duels are Morale Duels."

Also, note that Horrible End only affects living models, so even though it isn't a Morale Duel, it wouldn't affect constructs or undead.