One shot then another.

theunseengamer

Primarily I want to know if anyone has any good ideas for what one shots are good for stringing together. 

I'm currently doing a  M&SF campaign starting with Sixteen tons into you Dirty deeds and finishing with Northern aggression.

I am also planning a gremlin game starting with The hand that feeds into No strings attached into the Taxidermy one shot and finishing with Bayou games. 

• Like 1

I can also recommend 'Dawn in the Bayou' a one-shot in one of the Wyrd ezines for your Gremlin campaign.

The main issue is obviously how you link the modules together.  For example, I started my new group with 'The Whispering Affair'.  At the end of that, they attracted a bit of Guild attention (which they really don't want).  A contact gave them a job to transport some moonshine out to the Bayou to help them lay low (this happened in downtime).  At the open of tonight's game, they are getting off the train, handing over the moonshine, and then the plot hook for 'Dawn in the Bayou' will occur.  I might even then run 'The Hand that Feeds' with the rationale that they could stay out of the city for a little while longer, and then they can return in time to be part of another one-shot in the city.

For my other group, they rescued an NPC who has shown up in a downtime scene with some tickets to the Star Theatre Revue that she won.  She give them to the Fated as a belated thank you for the job they did involving her.  When the Fated headed off to the theatre, I ran 'A Night at the Star'.

I'm sure you've already considered these types of linkages, but thought I'd share my experiences in case they are helpful.

• Like 1