Seamus and his girls - My first time

vinush

So, I finally got my Shadows of Redchapel box yesterday and after furiously gluing and assembling them I got them out for a game last night.

My list was:

Seamus, Bag o' tools, Sinister Reputation

Madame Sybelle, Bleeding Tongue

Copycat Killer

Canine Remains

Nurse

Rotten Belle

Rotten Belle

My plan was to use CR first activation to find a bone, then Seamus to res in another Belle, however after 3 turns of failing to even get the scent of a bone from the CR I had to abandon that plan, and the one time I did draw high enough crows to cheat in to do what I needed there was already a corpse marker for Seamus to use and I flipped 13 Crows on his ability...

The nurses are amazingly annoying, especially if you use illegible prescription to cheat in for masks, then chain activate a belle and lure the victim in for a pounce and a teeth and nails.

Due to me being an idiot and forgetting stuff, I didn't use Seamus to the best of his abilities and he ended up being killed and giving away 3vp to my opponent due to assassinate and the final result was a loss to me with 6 vp to 7.

The second game saw things go a bit better in my favour, and by using Seamus better with the sinister reputation I managed to bring him back from the brink of death a number of times, and then in the last turn after he had activated to do other stuff I cheated in a crows on the nurse to heal him back up to full with paralysed (He'd already activated, so it was more about denying the assassinate VPs).

Once again, the CR failed to dig anything up, but Seamus did bring a few girls in throughout the game, much to the annoyance of my opponent, and Sybelle wiped out the little witchling stalker she'd earmarked for vendetta with a resounding attack flip and then severe damage wiping out its 1 remaining wound...

All in all, I think I'm going to enjoy using Seamus and his girls, but I need more practice with them and to get to know all of their subtle ways.

Vinush

the Crew Creator says no... 

Now it's in my head.. Well played :D 

Seamus is a really good master to play with, I really like him a lot, Seamus is actually quite easy to heal back up if you start taking wounds as he can heal on failed wp duel and belle's make that really easy. :)

Okay, so technically not me playing them, but I observed a game where a friend of mine borrowed my Shadows box to face off against Dark Debts with two of the illuminated swapped out for beckoners (kind of like a pimp off!)

Anyway, Lure coupled with pounce on the Rotten Belles is unbelievably powerful (granted, their attacks don't deal a great deal of damage, but repeated often enough among a cluster of Belles it can take down even the hardiest of foes one wound at a time).

And then today I used Undress to great comedic effect as I managed to dish out slow to all of the Latigo Posse while Madam Sybelle proceded to lash the living snot out of them while making them Peons and thus denying VPs in Turf War, and Seamus spent half of his time summoning belles from the latigo remains and the other half slapping Nino Ortega about or pumping the odd .50 cal shot into his face.

I think this is now "my" crew, the one I prefer above all others.

Vinush

Make sure you look at the FAQ. If you have two belles in base 2 base with a target and one not in base to base, if either of the belles in base 2 base lure the target nothing happens, as since the target never moved he doesn't count as having ended a move and no pounces will be activated.

If the belle not in base 2 base lures the target you'll get 3 pounces, but once the target is in base 2 base if you lure again you won't get any additional pounces, again as the target didn't end a move because they didn't move no pounces are activated.

My plan was to use CR first activation to find a bone, then Seamus to res in another Belle, however after 3 turns of failing to even get the scent of a bone from the CR I had to abandon that plan, and the one time I did draw high enough crows to cheat in to do what I needed there was already a corpse marker for Seamus to use and I flipped 13 Crows on his ability...

I've tried Canine Remains with Seamus a few times for some corpse shenanigans. A favorite use is to have him dump some corpse markers around the middle of my half of the board. When fighting begins, Seamus can get his shots in and Red Chapel Killer + Back Alley away. Like you've mentioned, I was also less-than-thrilled at the CR's lack of consistency in generating corpses, but them's the breaks, I guess, and when it works it's pretty spectacular!

Heh Proxy for the Doxy. Heh.

Which Limited upgrade I give Seamus seems like it effects my choices too. I'd rather have Doxies around if I go Sinister, so I can push enemies out of contact from him, heal him as a result, then .50 em in the face before Back Alleying out of there. Bag Seamus wants enemies close and fast.

One thing that I notice is that the OP has a very similar problem to me - the innate need to be constantly working towards a summon - Seamus and a doggy probably spent the first couple of turns doing very little but spending AP on that goal. I am trying hard to get out of that mindset and not developing any plans than involved three or four flips being successful, because if any of them don't you've probably spent AP that could have been better spent trying to get to good board positions or other VP-related tasks.

It's the big problem, isn't it. The ways you win pretty much every other tabletop game aren't the ways you win Malifaux.