Dear Wyrd. We need to talk about intuition.

Poko

I love the plastics a lot the models have generally become a lot lot better imo. I spend up to 30-45 mins cleaning each miniature adding another 15-30 mins puttying all the seams and all.

The things I very much dislike is how Sonnia's face, and a lot of other faces and hair are not part of the face but actually 2 pieces........ that's just stupid and i think unneccesary from any perspective. Even with my glue and i use the one from revel with the tiny tiny nozzle its still hard to not overglue it since it's just such a small area also the afterwards puttiying does not make it easier that much either. These are not POSEBLE miniatures so i would say make as less as possible cut ups as needed. Also punk zombies the front face and the back of the head were seperate...... like why?. Making it stick is not a problem the problem for me is having the crispest cleaned seams on the model without mold lines. And wyrd does not make easy to assemble models for sure due to high standard of movement and dynamics involved. Let me know how you enjoyed putting together Killjoy or Mature Nephelim dear lord now that's puttying to the extreme.

Hmm...I don't think the Ronin are oversized then, just leggy XD I like 'em either way.  One of Taelor's straps broke in assembly, but thank you, thank you, for being plastic.

Making the face separate from the head, the head separate from the hair, or any crazy combination of the two isn't that terribly uncommon, really.  GW (boo, hiss?) does it for a fair few Elves and the results are typically quite nice.  I never really minded the "now glue on the face" bit.  When the faces are cut down the middle...now we have an annoyance issue.

As far as Mature Nephilim and Killjoy...yeah...not the tightest-fitting buggers.  Killjoy was still fun to assemble, though.

• 2 months later...

Much as I'd love to leave the topic be...I've aquired Hans recently. It's some improvement, but for a single, extremely flat-posed mini it was still 2 legs, waist, shoulders in 2 parts, head in two parts (which sadly means my Hans will forever be hairless as it seems the hair disappeared from this good earth approximately 30 seconds after opening the box) two arms and weapon with hand separate. While I can understand the need for separate head, why on earth the shoulders are in 2 parts, as well as head?

Plus, while he is taller by a head than the old models that's fair enough, but why does he have legs that are almost as tall as a freikorpsmann's entire body?

Sorry, Wyrd, but another fail. I want to love the new models, I really do, but...it's not happening.

• Like 2

Willie. A fairly hefty model that apparently attaches to it's (50mm) base by the toe-end of the sole of one single foot, and the rim of an, erm, 5mm diameter wheel.

May as well have cast it with a hole in the bottom of the wheelbarrow and the 50mm base to accommodate the metal pin.

However, one of the three Canine Remainsmodels appears to be designed to be in mid-leap. No attachment points at all ! :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

So.... overall it would appear that different sets have different levels of complexity? Would people be happier if there was a difficulty rating on thr front of each box? Or just learn to love the minis?

If people exercise the correct level of care and patience when modelling miniatures (remember - they're miniature, so even the most basic one are going to be something of a challenge. But you knew that when you took up the miniatures hobby, right?), then there shouldn't be a problem. Shoudn't. But you know, poop happens. I have personally lost the front mouth thing to the Strongarm Suit (sex doll mouth it is. His pipes also did my head in) and various other bits and bobs. But the metal minis weren't immune from problems either. Was it the large arachnid that was notoriously difficuly to put together? The head on my Peaches doesn't fit properly and will require green stuffing, same with my old Rogue Necromancy (when I finally get around to painting him...). And the pointing hand on the old metal Bayou Gremlin had a tiny joint, annoyed thecrap out of me, and then disappeared into the ether. It was replaced by a pointing peg-arm fashioned from some old sprue. He is now Pegmund forever...but I'll be the first to admit that I am incredibly impatient, and 99% of problems with my minis are my own!

• 3 weeks later...

As a modeler I've really enjoyed the plastics over Wyrd's metal and their few resin pieces(the resin pieces I've had were pretty bad, almost finecast bad). 

Granted some of the plastic kits are a lot more complex than others. I do think maybe a complexity level on the boxes might help some people new to the hobby.

I have seen the scale issues. As far as those go I personally don't think its that big of an issue. From a gaming perspective (across the table) are you really going to notice that mini is slightly bigger? Is it going to really matter? Probably not. I do think wyrd has a QC problem there in China, but I'm sure wyrd is listening. Course if they were made in America....

From a painting perspective, yes, I can see how it would be annoying if you and your heart set on painting up said model for said crew for display. But then, folks are going to be looking at your paint job. That makes the mini, not how the mini makes the paint job.

As far as the models not fitting on the base size they are supposed to, I say, use some imagination. In the above post by Doctorlucky is a good example. Mine are set up in a similar fashion, but I'm too lazy to grab them out of the cabinet on the other side of the house to take a pic.

The skeeters? Well, to me, I think they are supposed to be air born. That's easy to do. Here are the two I have been working on:

IMG_3093_zpsdf67b61f.jpg

They are both flying and from a game perspective, you wont notice the pins ( I used greening pins  and not paperclips due to strength ). You will also be able to pick them up and move them around without actually touching the mini, when they are done. I may do one of them slurping up a victim too. 

Now, I'm not a fan of Ramos, so I will probably never buy that kit. But if I were to do the brass arachnid, I'd slap a piece of foamboard or corkboard vertically on the end of the base and put him upside down, like he was crawling down a wall. The smoke coming out of the stack would look like it was going up instead of its side.

Just my opinion.