35 Soulstone Perdita list? Advice if you got it, its needed

Nomad79

I don't know that you can go wrong with family.

I'd bring 'dita, Frank, and a couple of Pistoleros for sure. I'd bring other family members and perhaps a watcher along as well, to be used where strategies and schemes favor them.

I'd bring all of the upgrades, and decide at the event which to use.

For Perdita I'd strongly recommend Trick Shooting. It gives 2 (0)'s that can bypass Cover for one and Armour & Incorporeal for the other. It vastly up's Dita's killing power, especially at long range where cover is often the only protection you get. As Dracomax said though, you really can't go too far wrong. Dita, Francisco, Santiago and a couple of Pistolero's should be pretty good. Nino could also be very helpful and the Enslaved Neph is very useful. 

Your best bet would be to take as many Guild models as you can, that way you have a greater hiring pool to chose from when building the crew. Versatility and variety really make life easier. 

Well, I'm assuming they are traveling, and would like to keep a bit light on models. SO probably not "as many guild models as they can."

Like I said, Start with Perdita's box set, Bring all of the crew's upgrades and the general upgrades, a couple of pistoleros, And maybe (1) Death Martial and/or (1) Watcher, and you should be pretty well set. not perfectly optimised for scheme and strategy, but you should have enough utility and variety to be decent and at least competitive at anything.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First edit to add:

Just don't expect a single list to work equally well regardless of strategy and scheme. In Malifaux, creating an "All Comers" list is almost always the wrong choice.

-------------------------------------

Second edit, to add:

At 35 SS, you need to watch out for summoning and gremlins. They will tend to out activate you, so having the two smaller units is going to be a big deal. You might want to look into a couple of guild hounds; removing scheme markers and being disposable missiles is going to be your friend.

Perdita already has a tendency to be elite heavy, putting you at a disadvantage. Focus on schemes and strategies where possible, and play the denial game. you have a lot of ability to tie people up and move around. Use it. If against Ramos, or anyone else who summons a lot of little stuff, focus on killing elites, but rather than kill the little guys, focus on stopping them and denying them movement. The little guys are too easily replaceable, and the big guys tend not to be.

• Like 1

Niño is always good for early stake a claim counters. Or if Frame for Murder comes out.

Santiago is usually a miss for me. He dies in melee really fast.

Francisco needs a bit more survivability if you want him to buff your defenses. He'll be #1 target for your opponent if he hates 9/9 Perdita.

Niño is always good for early stake a claim counters. Or if Frame for Murder comes out.

Santiago is usually a miss for me. He dies in melee really fast.

Francisco needs a bit more survivability if you want him to buff your defenses. He'll be #1 target for your opponent if he hates 9/9 Perdita.

Keep in mind that it is a 35 SS tournament. That will skew the results. I'd honestly expect to see very few elite units—outside of summoners— due to cost/model count. AP is a valuable resource, and mores o at lower SS amounts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8:19 ETA

If you want a different POV, however, this thread:Panner's Perdita thread has some interesting advice to think on. I don't agree with all of it—I've never found austringers to be as good as Panner does, for instance—it is certainly a valid point, and might be a good place to look for using less expensive options—which is going to be a big thing in a 35SS tourney.

Today I played in a 35ss game against Lynch, HD, 2 Illuminated and 2 Beckoners. I chose 'Dita, Francisco, Santiago, Enslaved Nephilim and 2 Austringers. The Austringers didn't actually do much but were a constant threat that held the Beckoners back and their 2ap Deliver Orders action once saved Perdita from HD's charge. I think 2 Pistoleros/1 Pistolero+2 honds might also be a good idea.

Francisco is very good around Dita as he can give her extra 2 wp and df every turn as long as she's within 2'. 

And I totally agree with MasterDisaster about Trick Shooting. In fact, I can't think of a reason for not taking it.

if you are playing in the team tourney (which is 35 per partner) i would build your crew around the Strats and schemes that are posted First round is Turf war second is Reckoning 3 is squatters right. the site has a download to see the schemes.  So dita and what ever you think is good for that and if anythings compliments your teams crew. but also remember that they are not friendly nor are they enemy

I played a 35 SS game recently with 'Dita (trick shooting & vengeance bullet), Francisco with his upgrade, Papa Loco, & 2 death marshalls vs an Ophelia crew. Loco & Francisco both buffed 'Dita, then they were pine boxed by the Death Marshalls. 'Dita sat at 9/9 for 3 turns with plus flips to damage.....and when Loco got unboxed he was close enough to the other crew that he just wrecked everything with his explosions. It was kind of fun to play, but I'm just glad my opponent was a good sport

• Like 1