New Master - What Would You like to See?

MasterDisaster

I did not know that, very cool. Is that in any of the books/chronicles?

Twisted Fates, the Outcast story is Misaki centered and bits of it is discussed there. Storm of Shadows goes into more detail, and I think is the first official mention of the Katanaka as a family group... Maybe. >.>

I'd like to see a Ten Thunder Master that would be a strong but old Samurai warlord type. As there are Samurai's, Lone Swordsmen, Katanaka Snipers etc it would be cool to have a strong leader with them that would also fit the theme. 

An Oda Nobunaga type Master would be sweet, perhaps he could have an ability that lowers the cost of Samurai to make them more appealing!  :lol:

I would parrot the idea of the circus freak show as being pretty sweet. I could also see a pirate crew to go with the driftwood docks set.

... does Malifaux have any large bodies of water other than Big Z's swamp? 

I can't seem to remember one way or another.

Actually the Guild would seem to make sense. Ed is a dog of the military and the closest link to a totalitarian regime in Malifaux is the Guild they also tend to go against that regime on a regular basis so Guild / Arcanists duel faction seems to fit real nice. What sort of crew would they lead?

I think a dual-faction Gremlins/Ressers master could be pretty cool-- some kind of mad-eyed roughneck with a folksy philosophy of the eternal cycle of decay feeding new growth in the bayou, raising his deceased kin and whatever dead gifts the swamp bears up and leading a clan that's backwater even by gremlin standards, with a creepy, almost cultish "Innsmouth by way of Deliverance" feel to them.

The "non-gremlin undead" bit on Leveticus' Pariah of Bone upgrade made me raise an eyebrow because there aren't any gremlin undead AFAIK, but that got me thinking about how intimidating it would be to have to fight off an endless horde of shambling lumps of re-animated swampflesh, some of them perhaps taxidermied into twisted new forms (the winged monkeys from Wizard Of Oz spring to mind). It'd be tough to design a master around the concept that didn't end up treading on Zoraida's toes with the whole "swamp witch" theme or on Nicodem's "hordes of cheap undead" niche, though.

• Like 1

The "non-gremlin undead" bit on Leveticus' Pariah of Bone upgrade made me raise an eyebrow because there aren't any gremlin undead AFAIK, but that got me thinking about how intimidating it would be to have to fight off an endless horde of shambling lumps of re-animated swampflesh, some of them perhaps taxidermied into twisted new forms (the winged monkeys from Wizard Of Oz spring to mind). It'd be tough to design a master around the concept that didn't end up treading on Zoraida's toes with the whole "swamp witch" theme or on Nicodem's "hordes of cheap undead" niche, though.

Actually, if I recall correctly there is a Gremlin Undead: the Stuffed Piglet.

Ahhh, so there is. I was studying the Outcasts and 10t so hard trying to pick my first master that certain subtleties of the Gremlins obviously got away from me. The pigapult hadn't occurred to me as a construct, either; I thought "Non-Gremlin Constructs" was to keep him from recruiting a Whiskey Golem. Heh.