New Master - What Would You like to See?

MasterDisaster

Whilst discussing various things on another thread I mentioned I'd like to see a master some day. 

I thought it would be a cool idea to see what other themes or dual faction masters people would like to see. I should mention this isn't an attempt to get Wyrd to produce anything as we are still beta testing but merely a meld of the minds so see what cool ideas we could come up with. Are there any duel faction models you'd like to see? Perhaps Ressers and Gremlins, Neverborn and Outcasts? This could be a fun little exercise and I'd be keen to get other ideas. 

My idea was a Dual Faction Resser / Arcanist in the form of the Head Teacher or Dean from the University of Transmortis. This would allow him to interact with the Students and Valedictorian from the Box Set (Who have Horror and Academic Characteristics) but also Academic models such as the Oxfordian Mages and Freikorps Librarians etc. I think that could be a really cool theme for a crew and ties the Students into a crew of their own. 

So get thinking and get posting I'd love to hear your thoughts!  :D

• Like 2

I would like to see English Ivan from the fluff in Twisting Fates as a master.  I could see him being an Arcanist/Outcast dual faction. 

I picture Ivan being a support and manipulative master, being able to push models, control opposing models, and even cause the creation/destruction of various types of hard terrain.  The idea is that he plays like he mapped everything out for the game in advance and the pieces are falling into place as the game unfolds.

The most unique characteristic for Ivan would be an ability to hire a number of models (like 3)  of a certain soulstone cost (like 5 or less) from any faction.  This sells him as connected with people throughout Malifaux and has a finger in everything (at least at a low level).  This would probably be a 2 Soulstone upgrade.

As you can see, this is a rough idea. It is based on how his story unfolded and my love of heist movies (Ocean's Eleven and the like). 

I need no more interesting masters, I have enough crews as it is!

As I mentioned in the original post, this isn't an attempt at pushing Wyrd for new Masters to be created, it's just a brain storming forum for ideas that we would like to see in the future in the event any new masters are actually going to be released. Just a bit of fun!

During beta when we didn't know who the 7th Arcanist master would be, I was really, really hoping it would be the escaped Witchling Stalker guy from the story in Book 3. 

Interesting, so some sort of Guild / Arcanist Duel Faction Master who focuses more on Witchlings rather than just using them as Fireball bait like Sonnia. That would be pretty cool! I like the idea of a renegade band of Sorcerers and Witchlings, that could be pretty fun. 

Well, no, he most certainly wouldn't be Guild. In the story, he was a brainwashed Witchling who basically fought his way back to being a not-Witchling by being an awesome magic dude. The Guild would want him back or dead, he wouldn't be working for them. 

So he'd probably be pure arcanist or maybe arcanist/outcast, with the ability to take Witchlings (to represent him liberating others), maybe giving them some keyword in a similar way that Tara does with Death Marshals

• Like 2

During beta when we didn't know who the 7th Arcanist master would be, I was really, really hoping it would be the escaped Witchling Stalker guy from the story in Book 3. 

That would be pretty awesome. I really dug that story... the king kong balls on that dude... going deep undercover to get partially lobotomized to uncover witch hunter secrets. 

I did notice Arcanists have the fewest crossover masters, with only one dual faction master in Mei Feng. Guild has Lucius, McMorning and McCabe. Outcasts have Tara and Misaki. Ressers have McMourning, Tara and Yan Lo. Neverborn have Zoraida, Lucius and Lynch. And Gremlins have Zoraida and the Brewmaster.

So an Arcanist and either Gremlin or Outcast would work. Thematically, I feel Arcanist/Outcast works best, and that guy would be a potentially good fit. 

I can see an additional solo Ten Thunder Master relating to Oni/demons. It would be a stretch because it could tie in a dual faction for Rezzers, with the demons and Oni, or even the Outcasts that could include Ama No Zako as the henchman for them. There have been a few models that have the Oni characteristic in the Ten Thunders that were released into Wave 2, so it could be a hint at something in the future. Also each of the Oni models (Kamaitachi, Tengu, and the Katanaka Sniper eventhough it doesn't have the Oni characteristic) each have something relating to Katanaka, which could be an Oni Master/higher power.

I can see an additional solo Ten Thunder Master relating to Oni/demons. It would be a stretch because it could tie in a dual faction for Rezzers, with the demons and Oni, or even the Outcasts that could include Ama No Zako as the henchman for them. There have been a few models that have the Oni characteristic in the Ten Thunders that were released into Wave 2, so it could be a hint at something in the future. Also each of the Oni models (Kamaitachi, Tengu, and the Katanaka Sniper eventhough it doesn't have the Oni characteristic) each have something relating to Katanaka, which could be an Oni Master/higher power.

Katanaka is the clan name of both Misaki and Yan Lo. They are the family in charge of the Ten Thunders.

one thing i've sort of wanted since i first got into the game was some official rules for making your own master.  like a base stat, costs for addons and upgrades, spells abilities

otherwise some sort of time travel based master for arcanists, like he can do paralyze effects or even an ability to reverse an action so it never happened.  either make him mounted on some HG Wells time machine, or some guy in a suit holding up some fancy mechanicle screwdriver.

and been messing off and on with ideas for a Nemo based master and crew

I wouldn't mind seeing a "church" based master and crew added to the guild.  Its an area that, to my knowledge, hasn't been touched in the fluff, other than the Exorcist, kind of.  I could see the guild trying using religion in some form to control the masses.  Religion can be a touchy subject, though, so I can understand them not wanting to open that can of worms.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind seeing a "church" based master and crew added to the guild.  Its an area that, to my knowledge, hasn't been touched in the fluff, other than the Exorcist, kind of.  I could see the guild trying using religion in some form to control the masses.  Religion can be a touchy subject, though, so I can understand them not wanting to open that can of worms.

Same here!

Lots of potential for cool models with cool actions. An ability to 'convert' enemy minions would be kinda neat. Some serious fluff potential as well!

I would like to see a crew based around the Freak Shows of the day: Penguins, Beared Ladies, Freaks, Strongarm Man an so on. Master would be the leader of the Freak Shows.

I like it! Makes me think of The Elephant Man and the likes. The Master could be the Ringmaster of the Cirque du Freaks! Which faction would you place this as? I can see it being Outcasts for sure but as a Duel Faction Master what do you think? Neverborn maybe?

I like it! Makes me think of The Elephant Man and the likes. The Master could be the Ringmaster of the Cirque du Freaks! Which faction would you place this as? I can see it being Outcasts for sure but as a Duel Faction Master what do you think? Neverborn maybe?

Outcast or Neverborn or both