New Master - What Would You like to See?

MasterDisaster

Knights Templar... not in armor (well maybe in steampunk armor) but in victorian suits. Think melee oriented freikorps with blades and at least one on horseback.

Seems to me like every wargame has it's Templar-look-a-likes. I don't think Malifaux needs them. One of the best thing about Malifaux is the humour and great characterdesign imho.

So i'd like to see something more "out-there" ... can't realy put my finger on in though.

The Dreamer and Collodi are examples of what i'm talking about. I don't know anything like them in other wargames.

Edit: took the link from the quote, so my post doesn't take up to much space ;-)

Edited by Daysleeper

I would love to see dr smedley as a duel master for guild and maybe arcanists. He could be great for giving out conditions. And maybe some synergy and rule to hire nurses. Imagine him running round the board handing out conditions with a bunch of straight jacketed patients!

Resser / Arcanist dual-faction would be great. I like the idea of a sort of "brain in a jar", maybe avatar can be a big suit like Hannah. Reminds me of Futurama and Nixon....

Brain in Jar could be telepathic/telekinetic - giving him control over undead through obey sort of actions.

Resser / Gremlin - Grandpa Jo - Mah Tucket's long suffering husband... Somer's dad...so old that he is infused with the eternal energies of the bayou... Could summon clay golem's, undead croc's, mosquito swarms, etc... spirit-animated elemental stuff - constructs rather than undead? or both....  maybe his avatar is he becomes the "gremlin swampthing".

In the fluff there is that questionable real estate agent wich shows molly some old retirement home. She has no fear of molly or seamus nor the others of the illustrous group of intrests in that retirement home. She is described as an "egyptian"-looking beautyfull women with some sort of "toga/poncho"thingy wich shows of a lot but also strangely covers everything and is suspected to hold some weapons

• Like 1

As much as I want to shout "Lovecraftian Elder Gods!" I'm actually gonna ask for that to NOT happen, because it's happening almost everywhere these days.

However, I'd like an Arcanist that has been surgically altering captured Neverborn and turning them into weapons. Picture a whole crew of Terror Tots with steam saws grafted on. Good chance to come up with interesting game mechanics for them as all the models are trying to die to escape the torment. 

If they do make a full master/crew for the University set, I vote the master be Anthony Steward Head. 

As much as I want to shout "Lovecraftian Elder Gods!" I'm actually gonna ask for that to NOT happen, because it's happening almost everywhere these days.

The Nothing Beast appears to have already taken heavy inspiration from the Cthulu stories, well in appearance anyway. It would be cool to see the other crazy gribblies but like you I agree it's being done a lot these days. 

Think Brother Justin from Carneval (HBO series, go watch it...NOW).

I would say the opposite, never watch it. It was supposed to run for 6 seasons but got cut off after 2 with no solution to anything :D It was really good though, but not worth the watch as it was dropped due to popularity. So wrong.

There could be lots of masters that build on themes already, but is that what we want? Do we want another Chthulhu (never spell that right....) model / master? We already have Coppelius and the Nothing Beast.

More cross-faction masters would be good to tie factions together. Wyrd benefit from having players buying models from two factions rather than focusing on one.

I also tend to prefer "themed" crews rather than picking odd-ball combinations. Begs the question, what models are out there and what themes could they go into?

Some sort of Victorian style Justice League or Avengers could be pretty interesting!

"Have no fear! Captain Malifaux is here to save the day!"

I just started reading the fluffstory about "the society for ungentlemenly buisness" wich seems kinda like that ... not sure if they survive the story though  :)

Also, Mc Gabe feels a bit like that already with Alchibal (aka Nemo)  ;)

• 1 month later...

I go all the way with 96p !

Wyrd give me the templars ( with a male master ) and I give you my first born son !

We need them so much ! ( I need them so much ! ohnoes.gif )

Just look at this terrific and beautiful art design and the awesome gameplay. That's what I'm talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8pl3aVnsyE

We don't need more so called "out-there" stuff , we need something holy and disciplined that punches this "out-there" creatures in their throat. And with holy I mean a blessed sword and a tesla gun and with disciplined I mean a bunch of fanatical, elitist soldiers who scream  "DEUS VULT !!!" when they charge into battle.

I'd like to see a Thief/Street Rat kind of master, like a man of the common folk, fighting against the oppression of the Guild and M&SU. Would probably need to be straight Outcast.

Also, a dual Neverborn/Outcast master that uses photography as a weapon, like one of those vintage cameras. Perhaps the character found a device (the camera) that sealed away a Tyrant entity, and when he uses the camera it traps the souls of those it photographs (whether knowingly or otherwise).

• Like 1

Also, a dual Neverborn/Outcast master that uses photography as a weapon, like one of those vintage cameras. Perhaps the character found a device (the camera) that sealed away a Tyrant entity, and when he uses the camera it traps the souls of those it photographs (whether knowingly or otherwise).

Now I want to put a camera around Tara's neck for when she uses the Knowledge of Eternity upgrade.  *Click* *bury*  Hey,  where'd he go?   Maybe model a bunch of Void Wretches as cameras on tank treads.

I've got to agree with the Outcast/Neverborn Carnival Crew.  It could give a tie-in to Collodi (who seems to be adrift with no real connections to other crews).  And for a master, well, it seems we are lacking a good pencil-thin-moustache-twirling villian:

mv5bmtc2mdu4mdqznl5bml5banbnxkftztcwotgx

Another possibility would be to shift the templar idea a little, make a Guild/Arcanists boss who's dead set against the Tyrants (since the Ortegas seem to be refocusing on an Anti-Gremlin role) and doesn't care if he works with rogue mages to get the job done.  Give him some options that reinforce Guild Guards so that they're a bit less... Red-Shirt-ish.

I've got to agree with the Outcast/Neverborn Carnival Crew.  It could give a tie-in to Collodi (who seems to be adrift with no real connections to other crews).  And for a master, well, it seems we are lacking a good pencil-thin-moustache-twirling villian

Now that would be amazing.

I really liked the "Mr. Magpie's Cemetery Circus" story from the old Aethervox podcast. The characters from that were interesting enough to make into a crew. They would obviously be Outcasts or dual Arcanist/Outcast.

To keep them more horrory I would like them to stay away from Arcanists. :D

I think we need a crew full of cl0wns.... :P

Bringing this back up because I stumbled across this recently http://www.taban-miniatures.com/shop2/index.php?cPath=48_51

Taban Miniatures do a game called Eden and they have an entire faction dedicated to post apocalyptic Penguins/jesters. They would make an epic crew!