US RANKED CaptainCon - Taunton, MA July 25 - July 27

PeregrineFalcon

----- Update 7/20/2014 -----

Pre-registration has closed for all CaptainCon events. There are still slots available so don't dismay. If you are planning on attending and haven't signed up there WILL be enough tables for any extra day-of show ups.

I am also placing here the official rules packet since I've been getting a lot of questions about Doppleganger rules and the soulstone side pool. Please feel free to still ask but I hope this will answer most everyones questions on it.

CaptainCon Doppelgänger Packet

------------------------------------

See update below for PreReg and schedule info.

I am proud to announce that I am involved in a pretty cool event being organized by the guys who run large events (500+ unique players) at Templecon. The New England Privateers have approached me and I have been working closely with them to bring Malifaux to their event July 25 - July 27 in Taunton, MA called CaptainCon.

I won't bore you with the details of the con overall as that is what the KS is for. This post is for the Wyrd and Malifaux specific stuff. The link to the KS is here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neprivateers/captaincon-2014

Joe and I also did a recording with Paul (from NE Privateers) about the event, etc. Go take a listen over here:
http://cheatedfatesradio.podbean.com/2014/03/15/cheated-fates-radio-and-the-captain-of-cons-or-polygamers-and-proud-of-it/

This thread is to serve as a place to find out more information on the Malifaux events....yeah that's right events, plural. I won't go into the details on all of them just yet, but just expect the normal good time Malifaux events that we all have come to love!

So to the specifics that we know now:

When: July 25 - July 27
Where: Taunton, MA (Holiday Inn) ** Don't book rooms yet ** - Reduced Con rates WILL be available soon
What: Malifaux (and other games) for 3 days straight, halls and gaming areas will be open 24 hours straight!
Who: NE Privateers are organizing, myself and other NE Henchman will be doing all Wyrd events. For now, all Wyrd event Q&A can be sent directly to me via PM or Twitter (@PFalcon83)
Registration: While possible you will be able to buy "at the door", we don't expect that to be the norm. If you wish to attend you'll want to pledge for the KS. The organizers are using the survey as a key indicator to help them plan once funded. Please find a pledge level that fits for you if you plan on attending. There are great options, and if you don't see one I may be able to see about opening other options.

Stay Tuned for more information posted here. Also, support the KS please :)

Let me know if you have questions here, or post over on the KS comments area. Looking forward to showing a large presence of Wyrd gaming fun at this event, so your support. Even if you can't attend, pledging $5 shows you want to see things like this more often.

Major Update PreReg info below....PLEASE PREREG
Friday Malifaux Hardcore 8pm - PreReg(Rules)
Saturday Malifaux Doppelganger 9:30am - PreReg(Rules)
Sunday Malifaux Gaining Grounds 9:30am - PreReg (Rules)

Other events and info here:
Schedule
Other Events PreReg

Event update Wyrd/Malifaux Event specific KS update:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neprivateers/captaincon-2014/posts

Events Schedule:

·      Friday 19:00 – When You Pass Out – Arena-faux (rules to follow in short time)

·      Friday (On-going)

o   Open Play (earn points for Captains Log here!!)

o   Demo games available in designated area. Play anything from a 30 minute primer or a 2 hour intro game. More to come on this.

·      Saturday 10:30 – 19:45 – 4 Round Malifaux Team Tournament

·      Saturday All-Day Submissions (Results 20:00) - Painting Competition

·      Saturday PM

o   Open Play (earn points for Captains Log here!!)

o   Demo games available in designated area. Play anything from a 30 minute primer or a 2 hour intro game. More to come on this.

·      Sunday 9:30 – 17:00 – 4 Round Gaining Grounds Tournament

• 2 weeks later...

Great update news!!!

The CaptainCon Kickstarter has FUNDED!!! Book your hotels, and I'm going to get on the terrain building like a maniac!

EDIT:

Before leaving for Adepticon Mike Marhsall and I sat down for a recording of his short-format podcast. We talk about CaptainCon and how we are working hard to get a healthy and strong Malifaux presence at the con and around New England.
Show notes and links below, Enjoy!!!
In which Mike talks to Adam (@pfalcon83) about his involvement with CaptainCon and building the Malifaux scene in the New England area.
* Duration 30:09, Published 4/8/14 1:50:00 AM
* Podcast Feed: Fools Daily (http://www.malifools.com/daily/fools_daily.xml)
Edited by PeregrineFalco

• 2 weeks later...

134% funding for CaptainCon. A good set of stretch goals reached.​ July 25-27 is going to be a lot of war and board gaming fun! As an FYI, if you missed the KS there will still be an opportunity to register at the website.

Successfully Funded!
Comment 
 Liked

1 like

2b3feef48837df0ba98b59cd251defe4_large.p

I think those are among my favorite words to wake up to in the morning.   :)

THANK YOU!  Seriously, thank you to all our backers for helping us to get this far.  Now the work really begins as we kick things into high gear to finish off building the schedule of events, securing all our printing, wrangling volunteers, and generally doing a million things to make sure that you all get a great convention experience that meets and exceeds the quality we know you expect from us.

In the meantime, there's still some work for you, our awesome backers:

• In the coming week or so, you'll get a backer survey from us collecting those important details like the name you want on your badge and your t-shirt size and such.  Please get that back to us as soon as you can.
  • Also, either with the backer survey or in a separate update just for backers, we'll be sending everyone a link to the event registration page for CaptainCon.  This will give you, our early backers, an advance window to sign up for individual tournaments and other events at CaptainCon before we make them live to the public.  Don't worry, if you joined at an event-specific backer level your name will already be on the list and that spot reserved for you beforehand.
  • Finally, please continue to spread the word about CaptainCon and point people toCaptainCon.com.  We'll have badge sales (and the opportunity to buy patches, coins, and t-shirts) up there shortly for folks who missed out on the Kickstarter.

Again, thank you all for helping us to get to this point and keep your eyes open for some great stuff as really get this ship going under full sail.

- Paul and the CaptianCon Crew

• 1 month later...

FYI, please see the sign ups for the various CaptainCon Malifaux events. We are having three events which I have linked here (and will add to original post). Please PreReg!!!!

Please remember if you haven't bought a ticket yet that is fine, but please sign up for your events so we can gauge numbers for each event. So what I'm saying is, click the link, fill in the info and you'll be preregistered and don't even have to have a ticket for the weekend purchased yet.

Friday Malifaux Hardcore 8pm - PreReg(Rules)

Saturday Malifaux Doppelganger 9:30am - PreReg(Rules)

Sunday Malifaux Gaining Grounds 9:30am - PreReg (Rules)

Other events and info here:

Schedule

Other Events PreReg

I am planning on playing on Sunday, but can help out Friday and Saturday.  Just let me know what you need from me and I will be there.

Awesome thanks for the support.

We may want to run some demos, but feel free to play in either (or both) of the events. I'd actually prefer a larger group of players than more 'helpers'. I can handle running the events, just need help filling the slots with players!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have registered for the Henchman Hardcore and the Gaining Grounds.  If I can find a Partner I will sign up for the Doppleganger Doubles as well.

Looking forward to the weekend of Malifaux goodness.

Awesome sauce!

Update: Wyrd has offered official support for this event. Stop by for chances to win some great Malifaux goodies.

26 days until CaptainCon, friendly reminder to preregister so we can get a healthy headcount.

Also just saw ConnectiCon is a few weeks before. If you get a demo of Malifaux there and want more we'll have a bunch of great events and open play to help you learn more and get more games under your belt in Taunton, MA for CaptainCon.

• 2 weeks later...

Question: Is the painting requirement in effect for the tournaments?

I originally had a painting requirement, but reduced it because I received emails that people were still too new and may not have stuff painted in time. Plus some stuff hasn't been released until just this month that people were relying on.

I see no need for a painting requirement...but that doesn't mean you won't earn 'extra' points for having a fully painted crew....hint hint hint....

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...