Hamelin crew requirements

jasper stone

Out of interest, what are people using as Rat Kings at the moment? I have 11 rats, and i rarely see more than 5 on the table at any one time these days...

I've put a single Malifaux Rat on a 40mm base, surrounded by a lot of small rats from Freebooters 21 Rats pack :) And painted the big Rat King as an albino rat, just to make them stand out.

It's not really an urban Legend, they do exist.... Saying that I think a mix of different rattyness would be cool... Big Bloated pit mother with young suckling, Giant Albino rat, traditional Rat King, Spider Rats, Rats with little crowns and sceptres... etc

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried magnetizing rats and using multiple as rat kings, like what people do with antacids and swarms?

That's what I did, as I already owned 12 Rats and I have never put more than 6 on the table in M2E. I just created 2 40mm bases with 3 magnets on each of them, and rebased 6 of the Rats with their own magnets as well. This way I can have from 6 to 12 Rats if needed, and up to 2 Rats Kings, which fits my play style, as I've never needed more than that (I don't usually hire them).

as said earlier a rat king isn't a big rat, its a mushed up stuck together bunch of rats, so using rat ogres, skaven that sort of stuff doesn't fit technically, also it doesn't fit thematically, as combining 3 rats doesn't make a big rat it makes 3 rats together