The Executioner - your thoughts

Kotep

I would think they do stack. Imagine a scenario where Ex (with LLC) starts out his activation outside the 4" pulse but walks/is-pushed into it. At that point it would stack. It's all about which came first. As LLC is an upgrade, he has the +1 armor from that right from the start and any buffs during the game add onto it.

It would NOT stack.

LLC only grants Armor +1 when a model doesn't possess the Armor Ability. Strangemetal Shirt hands out the Armor Ability. LLC will turn off when the Exe is under the effects of SMS and will turn back on when SMS is not on or the Exe is no longer in the Aura.

There are no timing rules that apply to this. Just because you applied LLC first doesn't remove the conditional text on LLC.

Note, if SMS gave the Armor Condition, LLC would stack since LLC only cares about the Armor Ability.

It would NOT stack.

LLC only grants Armor +1 when a model doesn't possess the Armor Ability. Strangemetal Shirt hands out the Armor Ability. LLC will turn off when the Exe is under the effects of SMS and will turn back on when SMS is not on or the Exe is no longer in the Aura.

There are no timing rules that apply to this. Just because you applied LLC first doesn't remove the conditional text on LLC.

Note, if SMS gave the Armor Condition, LLC would stack since LLC only cares about the Armor Ability.

That's what I thought, I guess Dashel will have to hold the shirt and give all my lovely riflemen armour +1.

The executioner can steam off with LLC, Elixir and the sabre which will give him so many more options for valid targets..

just occured that would only work if lucas could hold 4 upgrades dammit :(

If my opponent pumped up an Executioner and shot him down the field into my lines early game I would be thanking him.
The sooner I can eliminate him is one less thing to worry about.

He shines mid-late game when hands & stones are being burned through quicker, meaning you are more likely to utilize his 
auto-kill trigger on a master or some other big nasty.

Wouldn't the sabre be wasted on him?.. his auto-kill trigger is amazing and his weak damage is 4 straight off the bat.
(The sabre could be on a hound, a 3 point model, and do the same job).

If my opponent pumped up an Executioner and shot him down the field into my lines early game I would be thanking him.

The sooner I can eliminate him is one less thing to worry about.

He shines mid-late game when hands & stones are being burned through quicker, meaning you are more likely to utilize his

auto-kill trigger on a master or some other big nasty.

Wouldn't the sabre be wasted on him?.. his auto-kill trigger is amazing and his weak damage is 4 straight off the bat.

(The sabre could be on a hound, a 3 point model, and do the same job).

His weak is 3? Which against incorporeal is 1 and if something is hard to kill it doesn't matter how hard you hit, anything with armour 2 becomes 1 damage.....just checked the card didn't realise he had crit baked in.....Yeah sabre would probably be a waste. I think elixir and badge of speed for him and the shirt for something else would work fine.

As for rushing him up it depends on the strat/schemes and he would be activating last first turn Lucas just before him and acting first on 2nd turn with regen armour and control hand he could do a lot giving the riflemen plenty of time to set up. Luna runs interception on anything coming their way as she is ignored for randomised shooting.

If they gang up on the executioner Lucas goes nuts with his net gun or can charge in to assist.

Just a rough game plan I'd like to try it this eve but my mate wants to try his new Hamlin crew out :( so it's probably time to bust out sonnia, depends how badly I want to get destroyed.

I had that one pulled on me a couple weeks ago. :P

It's super confusing- is it the damage being reduced that's rounded? Or is it the reduction value that's being rounded?

The answer is, it's in the FAQ. The hanged specifically. And Dgraz is right, the damage is what's being valued. So the example they give in the faq is basically,

Q: The Incorporeal Ability allows a model to reduce all damage it suffers from Sh and Ml Actions by half. Is the damage rounded up or down? For example, if an Incorporeal model suffers 3 damage from an Ml Action, is the damage reduced to 2 or 1?

A: The damage is rounded up. So, an Incorporeal model suffering 3 damage from an Ml Action would reduce that damage to 2. 

It's a tricky one for sure. :P

• Like 1

Well we've discussed the absolute balls of this guy now. However the plastic box provides 2 models. Can anybody see any occasion were you would actually field them both with the exception to the McMourning list on Page 1? Even with McCabe's Executioner Super Star I couldn't see myself ever needing the 2nd one. Thoughts?

I cant imagine a strat/scheme set up where two would really work, too much of a good thing ya know?

At best I still think it's with Lucas as they can both have the armour and swap the regen back and forth so maybe if reckoning is the strategy and if the schemes aren't marker dependant, It would be a very elite crew though. Sidir with promises, frank with wade in and the executioners and your about spent after McCabe's upgrades.

I cant imagine a strat/scheme set up where two would really work, too much of a good thing ya know?

At best I still think it's with Lucas as they can both have the armour and swap the regen back and forth so maybe if reckoning is the strategy and if the schemes aren't marker dependant, It would be a very elite crew though. Sidir with promises, frank with wade in and the executioners and your about spent after McCabe's upgrades.

I like your thinking! I invisage something along these lines  :D

Lucas McCabe -- 7 Pool
 +Elixir of Life [2]
 +Glowing Sabre [2]
 +Strangemetal Shirt [1]

Executioner [9] - This guy takes the Elixir
 +Lead Lined Coat [2]
Executioner [9] - This guy takes the Shirt
Francisco Ortega [8]
 +Wade In [1]
Sidir Alchibal [9]
 +By Your Side [1]
 +Promises [1]

I find it near impossible to field an executioner, because for 9ss you way too many good alternatives when playing guild. Every time I think I have figured out a way to use executioner I find myself asking: Why not bring Judge/Francisco/Samael/Sidir/Ryle/Peacekeeper/Pale Rider/Dashel/anything instead?

I like your thinking! I invisage something along these lines  :D

Lucas McCabe -- 7 Pool
 +Elixir of Life [2]
 +Glowing Sabre [2]
 +Strangemetal Shirt [1]

Executioner [9] - This guy takes the Elixir
 +Lead Lined Coat [2]
Executioner [9] - This guy takes the Shirt
Francisco Ortega [8]
 +Wade In [1]
Sidir Alchibal [9]
 +By Your Side [1]
 +Promises [1]

Yeah I basically built that list but didn't include by your side or LLC and took badge of speed and hermanos de armas (this crew needs more speed imo.) And at 50ss if you have a lowish pool you can get wiggle room for luna and a hound or two for dedicated schemes a stalker for condition removal or sergeant to help with wp shenanigans.

I find it near impossible to field an executioner, because for 9ss you way too many good alternatives when playing guild. Every time I think I have figured out a way to use executioner I find myself asking: Why not bring Judge/Francisco/Samael/Sidir/Ryle/Peacekeeper/Pale Rider/Dashel/anything instead?

True there are better alternatives but I like to mix it up and Have fun especially with models that don't see play or are "inferior". If I was to ever attend a tournament sure but gaming with friends I want to see their face when the pot bellied pain train goes to town XD

And considering your opinion on Samael, that is saying something! ;)