5ss left for lady j crew

Mark Mercer

I've got 5ss left in my lady j crew to make up to 50ss and I can't decide what to add. I have thought about a brutal effigy, is it worth it? Or even any more suggestions?

Here's my crew:

Lady justice w/ vendetta and implacable

Scales of justice

The judge - lead lined coat

The lone marshal - lead lined coat

Death marshal

Death marshal

Death marshal

Witchling stalker is pretty good. I've heard good things about the Effigy, too. You could always attach a another upgrade and take more SS for defense flips/suits(make that riposte a bit more deadly).

That being said, I wouldn't try to design any kind of "all comers" crew. what you have isn't bad, but a lot of times, you will find that having 3 Death martials isn't really the best choice.

Currently, you have 3 big models and 4 smaller, softer models. for a strategy like reckoning, that could hurt you. On the other hand, for something like Reconoiter, you may want to ditch the lone martial and pick up some more smaller models. and schemes will play into it too.

Just saying, don't get so attached to any one crew that you don't reorganize to take advantage of VP.

I'm pretty new to malifaux,  so I'm still learning and just using what I've got atm. 

Hasn't riposte already got the trigger built in? 

Luckily i've got other guild crews and can easily add other models :)

Only the Ram is built in, you still need the Mask. 

As for your list, dump it. I'm not saying this to be harsh but list building prior to the actual game isn't how Malifaux is supposed to work. 

1. Declare your Faction. 

2. Determine Strategy and Scheme Pool

3. Build Crew based on declared Faction to suit Scheme Pool and Strategy. 

4. Get on and play the game

This is how Malifaux is designed. There's nothing wrong with list building in advance however it can often leave you up the infamous **** creek if the objectives available don't suit your pre-planned list. 

Saying that, if I were to recommend changes to your list I'd drop a Death Marshall and the Scales of Justice. 2 Death Marshalls are more than enough and the Scales very rarely give you much mileage (At least in my experience). I'd then look at an Austringer to replace the Death Marshall and a Witchling Stalker for it's Dispell Magic action which is so useful. With the points saved from the Scales of Justice you could splash around an extra upgrade or two. Failing that it could very well be worth just keeping the last 3ss to add to your pool so you have the maximum 7ss to play during the game. 

Agree with Masterdisaster about list-building. However, if you are new, there is really no other way to really understand a model's strengths and weaknesses without screwing up. Take that list against anything and for any strat/scheme.......you'll quickly learn either; 'hey DMs are really good at this' or 'wow DMs really suck at this'. Then, next time you're in that position, you try something else.

I'm not a big fan of the LLCoat, personally. But I do like Judge's personal Upgrade.

Good luck, but don't worry about losing your first few games, it's a great time to learn.....you'll also be learning what your friend's crews are capable of, so when you're ready to start switching up, you'll be better prepared all around.

She has Restore Natural Order if I remember right or is that on her Justice Unleashed upgrade?

She has, but the TN is too high. The Child can't cast it.

Justice Unleashed is a Ca action on the upgrade of the same name, however. Situational.

She has, but the TN is too high. The Child can't cast it.

Justice Unleashed is a Ca action on the upgrade of the same name, however. Situational.

Malifaux Child probably isn't an ideal choice then, I'd probably the Governor's Proxy or keep the extra stones so I could add suits like Masks for Riposte or extra Rams for Crit, hell even Defensive/Damage Prevent purposes if the need arose. 

Honestly, hadn't tried the governor's proxy out yet. I'll definitely have to try that. I just know that getting 3 heals on Justice a round from totem+Justice+Guardian giving her a Defensive 2 and trigger healing reeeallly makes a difference.

That being said, the OP crew is a great starter crew. it has a little redundancy, comes in the box, and should be a great crew to learn with. So long as they know that the game isn't balanced around taking a set list, it should be okay.