Station questions, balancing for Fatemasters, and suits for NPCs?

Happy-Yeti

Alrighty, as soon as I got my hands on the new PDFs I dived right in, as I imagine most of us did. By and large, things make sense to me, but there are a few nigling issues I have.

Looking at the old 1.5 Malifaux Rulebook, it claims it has been four years since the Breach opened. This would, in my mind, make the "bayou born" and "neverborn stolen" stations impossible. How can you have been "raised by gremlins" in the space of four years? Has the time since the Breach opened been changed, or am I crazy?

Next question, is uh, how as a Fatemaster, do I balance Advanced Pursuits I make? Should I just wing it? Take a wild stab in the dark? or is there a more precise science to it?

Last of all, I noticed that some creatures in the bestiary have triggers associated with their attacks, how can non-Fated ever acheive the trigger requirements if they don't flip cards?

Also, general Through the Breach discussion I guess.

Well book one (of which 1.5 is only a reprint) should now be 5 years old, therefore it is safe to assume that the breach is now open for at least 9 years (still pretty young thought) He could be born after the first opening, but then he would be at least 109 years old. You could (on the other hand) either be zoraidas child or your game just plays some years later... or you just reflip^^

oh this one is based off the players suit

Thanks! I had another look through the Fated Almanac and found that.

There's also the possibility that the bayou or neverborn stolen child was taken into Malifaux before the breach was reopened.  With all the rumors of other breaches out there, along with the general magical nature of the land itself, anything is possible.

Yeah, I suppose there are ways around the issue. Thanks!

Given that some Neverborn can grow from infants to mature adults in seconds, perhaps they have some way of speeding up the process in humans as well.

Also, any character that is "Bayou Born" is actually just two Gremlins standing on top of each other, wearing a long trenchcoat.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Given that some Neverborn can grow from infants to mature adults in seconds, perhaps they have some way of speeding up the process in humans as well.

Also, any character that is "Bayou Born" is actually just two Gremlins standing on top of each other, wearing a long trenchcoat.

I would LOVE to play a stack of Gremlins in a trenchcoat...HAHAHA!