Pandora Avatar Assembly

Ozz

I am just curious if anyone found any issues putting the Tentacles into the slots on the base? As i can get them to sit in there ok, but there are huge gaps on it. Issue is i cant seem to find any other way to fir them in as they do seem to only fit into one slot?

I had similar problems.  It seemed like the pegs were a little too large for the slots sometimes.  With ample use of file and knife to make sure tabs fit correctly (lots of dry fitting) and then use of gap filling superglue and even some filler putty I came out with no gaps or seams.

Dave

Luckily the sculpting isn't actually that difficult for this. It is essentially nothing more than apply a few small thin rolls of green stuff and then a but of push-pull with a rubber bladed sculpting tool (a pencil eraser can be press ganged if necessary) to get the look right. The suction cups on the bottom of the tentacles are a bit of a pain but even those aren't that bad (though you may need two tools). Biggest advice is to let the green stuff sit and stiffen for a bit before working it.

• Like 1

What he is describing is really more gap filling with style than actual sculpting, and toothpicks can also be pressed into service as tools if necessary.  Just make a little worm of green, shove it into the gap and work it into place with whatever tool.  anything that you do on top of that to make the green look like the surrounding area is gravy.  No fears.  I believe that the eye is more conditioned to see seams than lumps anyways, so if you put a roll in a seam that looked like lumpy flesh it would still be better than a gap that say "This was two pieces". And in this case if you don't get it right the first tentacle you have a couple more to practice on..and no one will notice 'cause there is a hot magic chick in scanty clothes and a big coat up there..so give it a shot