Thoughts on about Oucast Misaki list

NorjanPaavi

Hi, I have planned my first Outcast list/crew sins Gremlins get own faction. I have had thoughts about play misaki on full oucast list. If I'm fully honest I have already ordered quite good collection on oucast. But about that 50ss list of misaki:

Misaki (Outcast) Survalist 1

Malifaux Child 2

Taelor 10

Bishop 10 (or Ama No Zako)

Hans 8

Suen 8

Desperate Mercenary 4

Desperate Mercenary 4

If I can count 47ss so there would be few SS to use on battle.

There is little bit ML force and little bit Sh support. But I'm still wondering is there enought power to deal real damage. It's is not the competitive list. There is almoust half of the models ruthless/Relentless.

Little bit backround I have allready Ophelia, Nicodem, Saemus, Molly, Colette and Ramos crews raedy to 2ed. adn few plays already to plaied. So I'm looking little bit moore straith to Ml fight crew. What about you think these plans?

I would definitely recommend trying out some Ronin. Their one of the best you can buy for 6SS and the ability to kill themselves to give misaki SS can be pretty amazing once youve finished assassinating important models and they're great for scheme running. I played Outcast Misaki as my main master until I recently picked up the Viks and I swear by my ronin in both crews. I've never felt underwhelmed by their performance. 

• Like 1

Like the Ronin (which as NeverEnding points out are a bargain for 6 stones), the hodgepodge effigy and pickpocket can offer some stone replenishment too. Which can be cool if you want to yo-yo in and out of "risky ventures" buffs and get even more millage out of healing flips with survivalist.

Stalking Bisento is really cool if you want to use even more movement tricks. If you choosr disguise it can make misaki even harder to pin down in MI. The limited upgrades change Misaki greatly.

I would definitely recommend trying out some Ronin. Their one of the best you can buy for 6SS and the ability to kill themselves to give misaki SS can be pretty amazing once youve finished assassinating important models and they're great for scheme running. I played Outcast Misaki as my main master until I recently picked up the Viks and I swear by my ronin in both crews. I've never felt underwhelmed by their performance.

I was little bit afraid that you would suggest me to hire Ronins. But main problem is how to change the list without losing those named charecters? Desp. Mercs. are only 4SS and Ronins 6SS? I can't get Ronins to only changed to Mercs.

One I thing could be to drop Bishop and Desp. Mercs. and took three Ronins.

Two that was on my mind is drop Mercs. and Sue and Sue to take three Ronins.

I love Misaki as outcast or TT. But your list is shooty but if that's your goal it's decent.

I am more melee with yamaziko otototo killjoy 1 ronin a torakage and an oiran. Stalking bisento and survivalist And smoke and shadows on yamaziko and tally sheet 9n otototo. Ronin can be used as a kill joy delivery system and with some decent placement can charge for 1 ap and maul things that need dying. With smoke and shadows torakage/oiran can be at any point on the table tying things up. Which coincidently if they die kill joy is where you want him. Also Shanghai with healing is always good works well with survivalist.

Oh. Yeah I love me some killjoy.

I love Misaki as outcast or TT. But your list is shooty but if that's your goal it's decent.

I think that I try to mix both Sh and Ml. In Malifaux I have all ways tried to mix those both. I have tried also Nicodem and Ramos pure Ml list and I have missed some ranged power. I don't it might be some thing to do with 1.5 when I had to play quite lots of against Dreamer.

I am more melee with yamaziko otototo killjoy 1 ronin a torakage and an oiran. Stalking bisento and survivalist And smoke and shadows on yamaziko and tally sheet 9n otototo. Ronin can be used as a kill joy delivery system and with some decent placement can charge for 1 ap and maul things that need dying. With smoke and shadows torakage/oiran can be at any point on the table tying things up. Which coincidently if they die kill joy is where you want him. Also Shanghai with healing is always good works well with survivalist.

Oh. Yeah I love me some killjoy.

I would like to keep team as full outcast. I have noticed that there are lots of potential characters on TT. But still I think I am not yet ready to choose TT as on faction. I would like to have Killjoy for some how to the list but it would took too much SS for other models that I would like to try. ( like Taelor, Hans and Sue)

Something that may interest you, is a Convict Gunslinger w/Oathkeeper instead of Sue. Exact same points and the Gunslinger will Sh better. Sue is a great model, with nice abilities, just thought I'd mention one a my favorite models to take.

I think I might have underestimated CG. But when you mentioned him I had to check him/her out again and there might be good point to take him out to field. Still there is some weird charm on Sue.

Thanks for the thoughts!

Try Convict Gunslingers, they are fairly tough and are equally good at shooting as they are in combat purely because their pistols are both melee and projectile weapons so they can always use their Rapid Fire ability and trigger "Trigger Happy" to generate extra shots. They are awesome in almost any list that needs some heavy firepower. 

I tend to use them to move forward whilst laying down some supporting fire for my melee models then charge them in when the opportunity arises. 

Torkage are amazinnng! Theyre fragile but with a straight 6 card theyre really solid and a bargain for their price. In multiple games Ive had torokage just annihilate enemy masters and henchmen with their Works Best Alone buff. My friends Lynch crew has learned to fear them after he got stuck into a combat with Taelor and the Kage and decided to burst down Taelor which set me up for my WBA positive flips.

My issue with your list is that it's low on models. I get that you want to use the big named models for outcasts, but with a low activation count, it will end badly (unless you're playing Reckoning)

Depending What I was going against, I would drop Taelor or Bishop and the Malifaux child for 2 ronin and either hans or sue for 2 freikorps or void wretches. I would also consider replacing survivalist with stalking bisento.

My issue with your list is that it's low on models. I get that you want to use the big named models for outcasts, but with a low activation count, it will end badly (unless you're playing Reckoning)

Depending What I was going against, I would drop Taelor or Bishop and the Malifaux child for 2 ronin and either hans or sue for 2 freikorps or void wretches. I would also consider replacing survivalist with stalking bisento.

Thanks, I have been wondering is my model count too low or not. Now that you pointed it out I think I may consider some other approach to build the crew. I haven't yet get my minis so I don't have any changes to play test games. (Some problems with suppliers)