April 20th - Sheffield - Breachside Eggcitement

ninjahamster

After talking with the guys at the Outpost we're going to cancel this event - just not enough people signed up. Guess I understimated the Easter factor :(

(well at least I hope it was that rather than my scenario) ;) ;)

If you contact the guys at the Outpost on twitter or facebook they'll sort out refunds etc.

They will be open for gaming all day on sunday.

Cheers and apologies.

Jimmy

updated the first post with rulespack details.

Scenarios will follow when I finish them, but expect to see a mix of rulebook strategies with added extras.

There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd, best painted, sports and also a raffle prize for having a fully painted crew.

Every round you start with a fully painted crew you'll get a raffle ticket - at the end of the day, a winner will be picked.

Cheers

Jimmy

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to this, i have checked out local public transport as well been Easter Sunday, both First and Stagecoach buses will be operating a normal Sunday service with some routes ending early (but early for them is a 3 hours after the advertised end time for this event).  Just in case anyone was holding back from signing up with transport worries :)

I've updated the first post with details of the first scenario - also below:

Breachside Eggcitement.

Searching for the Diary.

The governor general has grown tired of the growing unrest and is promoting a period of enforced 'fun' and 'frivolity' creating special 'party zones' patrolled by hand picked guild patrols making sure everyone is having a happy time.

However rumours are swirling around Malifaux of a special spheroid artifact which has been found somewhere in the badlands, your crew has learned of a diary that specifies the location of this artifact and you must find this before the opposition if you're to get the glory and power contained within.

Deployment - Blind deployment (as per rulebook)

Strategy.

Search for the diary.

Each player takes turns in placing 3 30mm markers on their opponents half of the table, these markers must be 6" away from another marker
After turn 1 a model can take a (1) interact action whilst in base contact with a marker to search it, they flip a card, if a severe is flipped they have found the diary, all other diary markers are removed.

Once the diary is found Enemy models can perform a (1) interact against the carrying model to make them take a TN13 Df duel to attempt to pickpocket the diary, if they succeed the interacting model now carries the marker.

If a model is killed/buried/sacrificed they drop the diary marker in base contact.

If a model is moved outside it's activation it drops the diary marker in base contact.

At the end of a turn if a crew is carrying the diary they earn 1VP

At the end of the game, if the diary marker is in the crews deployment zone (6" of their table edge) they receive an additional 1VP (to a maximum of 4VP)

Also this will be a Shindig - with the make pun action available:

every non-peon model can do the following actions:
(1) poison the wine - target model in base contact gets poison +1
(1) mingle - target an enemy model in LOS, push this model it's charge towards it, cannot be taken whilst engaged
(2) Make a pun - All models in (4) must take a TN12 horror duel

The first crew to suffer damage from an enemy's attack action earns 2VP - This damage must be in an attack controlled by the owning player - no using obey or the like to make other crews attack you.

No schemes are in play for this scenario.

Cheers

Jimmy

• 2 weeks later...

After talking with the guys at the Outpost we're going to cancel this event - just not enough people signed up. Guess I understimated the Easter factor :(

(well at least I hope it was that rather than my scenario) ;) ;)

If you contact the guys at the Outpost on twitter or facebook they'll sort out refunds etc.

They will be open for gaming all day on sunday.

Cheers and apologies.

Jimmy