Whats the deal with Mah Tucket?

Ikvar

I have never seen any actual dicussion about this model, and when I look at her I just feel kinda... "meeh".

I really loved the idea about her when I first read about a melee gremlin master, but when I read her finished version I simply dont understand the model. Low dmg profile, and nothing really special- I did like the upgrade to get Diving Charge, but thats about it.

So can someone please explain what I am not seeing, how do you play with this girl? ^^

With Today's Chores, you're basically aiming to get either the ignore severe terrain or buff the Ml state suit for initiative. That's her main trick. Remember Trixie allows you to cheat that flip.

I can see her being good in Squatter's Rights. Able to lock down a few of the markers, push people away. Could be good. 

In fairness, you see very little discussion about Ulix too.

Low dmg profile, and nothing really special- I did like the upgrade to get Diving Charge, but thats about it.

Low Damage profile?  She has a 3/4/5 with a Ml6 which is not bad.  She can get a Ml+1 from the intiative flip, and another Ml+1 from Aim at the Sore Spots on top of getting a melee reach of 3".  On top of this she can get Disguise or a 6" push for her (0) action and a card, meaning she can push into melee, go for Aim at the Sore spots and hopefully trigger the free swing and still have two more AP to go after that.  She might not be a Lady Justice or a Vik in terms of damage output but she has decent defense and Wp while still having some odds and ends tricks in addition to a solid melee.

She seems less the crew organizer and more the problem responder.  If you have Trixie belle you can control your initiative a bit and get the bonus you want.  Having Bayou Gators, Fran, Burt, or even Gracie gain Ml+1 is pretty nice.  She seems like she wants to hang in the middle and respond to what your enemy sends, or burst off first and draw alot of attention while you earn VP to win.

My personal favorite play group is Mah, Trixie, and Mancha Roja.

Trixie cheats initiative (preferably for a Ram), Mancha swings in, deals some awful; Mah pushes in and pushes him out of danger, deals out some awful; Trixie pulls Mah out of threat range.

Repeat until something dies.

I went up against Ironsides with this load out and it was pretty successful.

Flavorfully speaking (I'm hoping!!!), I think that Mah, Zoraida, and Ophelia have a bit in common. I see the stats, compare it to what I already know, and the starter story I see is "Mah is Generation 2 Gremlin. She was present at the "big conference", and learned that the person with the biggest spoon is the one in charge. She also learned from Ophelia being praised by Zoraida that femlae gremlins can take up a boss role."

Mechanically, I see her filling many of the same roles that Ophelia's crew would. Her benefits are for a more aggressive playstyle, and slightly better positioning benefits. The reason I personally dont talk much about her is she's efficient. All her stuff works, but there's no interesting mechanics. It's like Ophelia. The crew has that thing that they do very well, so the abilities and actions are focused on that.

Just looked at the "out for blood" upgrade- a ram and a tome to get a charge, that seems a bit much?

But thanks for all the comments, im slowly starting to understand her :)

can you awsome guys try to post a normal crew you would use with her?

- and correct me if im wrong, but she seems to be a melee master with a lot of movement tricks and a bit more defence instead of just pure damage. So she might not do as much damage, but she will survive longer?

I was toying with Tucket builds, originally thinking of taking her to Smogcon. I think Dirty Cheater, Apron and either Bravery/Soft Cover/Free Charge is probs my top selection.

Lass is alright, just for another cheap beater.

What scenarios do we like Mah in? I think Squatter's is her best. Can she out Ophelia Ophelia for the Reckoning spot? I don't think so.