Rotten Bells, Lure is too Much

The Dessert Demo table is around 50% terrain, if you collected up the terrain on one side of that board I doubt it would go past the center line.

But those tournament tables had practically no cover.. it was straight up trees spread out.. and if you collected them up I doubt it would have even been 15% terrain. In fact

example.jpg

If you take a equilateral triangle as they tessellate.. and put tree bases in it. you get in 1 base + 6 halves, for 3 sixth of terrain.. that works out as 0.5/4 so 12% terrain..  You are saying that Belles are overpowered when you have 12% terrain on the board.. which I have to agree with, they probably are.

That is rude you think we have 1 table with 1 type of terrain at a group that has been beta testing the game since 2009

like we said not ALL table look alike some have more some have less terrain this picture depicts only a portion of the table correct?

Again I think the issue has jumped to terrain and malifaux and not cating 8 lure that is a single 1 ap action that can dictate the flow of the game

That is rude you think we have 1 table with 1 type of terrain at a group that has been beta testing the game since 2009

like we said not ALL table look alike some have more some have less terrain this picture depicts only a portion of the table correct?

Again I think the issue has jumped to terrain and malifaux and not cating 8 lure that is a single 1 ap action that can dictate the flow of the game

All I have to go on are all the tables that were shown from that tornament and all of them were like that.

• Like 1

The problem is that the two aren't really separate. IF you are not playing on enough of the right types of terrain, then that 1AP action becomes overpowering.

And the reason we are criticizing that terrain is that it was put up as an example of the terrain you use. We can only work with the information you give us. All three of them had fairly monotype, sparse terrain, which will make that 1AP action far more effective than proper terrain density.

• Like 1

It's like when you say that you can get of 4 lures from 2 Belles, generally I find this is not the case. You normally can get 1-2 lures off as the rest of the AP is spent trying to get into a position where you can get LoS on a model worth luring.

• Like 1

"dont need other support pieces to achieve objectives?"

ever run 6+ wendiegos or 6+ metal gamin? how was it viable and how did that work out for you?

I've never run 6+ of anything, to be honest. One-note lists are easy to out-play once you know what they can do.

I've run 3 Metal Gamin and they were fantastic.

It's like when you say that you can get of 4 lures from 2 Belles, generally I find this is not the case. You normally can get 1-2 lures off as the rest of the AP is spent trying to get into a position where you can get LoS on a model worth luring.

Not to mention, that sometimes - just sometimes - Lure fails even on Belles. I for one have incredibly bad luck luring Santiago Ortega. Bugger just won't move when I want him to. :D

Why do you keep going back to the terrain? You think late game when you're sitting on a squatters marker or a protect territory or a turf war marker, that a bell won't have some kind of LoS to you? We're talking about Bell spam with Ca 8 here. Some one will have LoS, you will get lured, you will not be the lure, you will be pulled off the objective and you will lose. Because, it's not a duel you can beat. I just cannot fathom what it is about a spammable Ca 8 that some poeple don't get. I see a lot of attempts to justify this stat line with terrain or hard counters, or whatever. But, nobody can tell me why a 5 stone model as access to an ability that long ranged, that has that good of a movement effect, that has that high of a cast and, worst of all, can easily be spammed by five or six models. You only need to hire 4 to make it work, and most rezzers have some means of summonign more bells.

Yeah you have to love it when the 1st Belle activates, walks pulls the second Belle. The second Belle walks goes for the 1 lure you can get LoS for and it fails.. 10ss of models and they have done sweet FA.

ill-have-you-whecc5.jpg

• Like 2

Why do you keep going back to the terrain? You think late game when you're sitting on a squatters marker or a protect territory or a turf war marker, that a bell won't have some kind of LoS to you? We're talking about Bell spam with Ca 8 here. Some one will have LoS, you will get lured, you will not be the lure, you will be pulled off the objective and you will lose. Because, it's not a duel you can beat. I just cannot fathom what it is about a spammable Ca 8 that some poeple don't get. I see a lot of attempts to justify this stat line with terrain or hard counters, or whatever. But, nobody can tell me why a 5 stone model as access to an ability that long ranged, that has that good of a movement effect, that has that high of a cast and, worst of all, can easily be spammed by five or six models. You only need to hire 4 to make it work, and most rezzers have some means of summonign more bells.

So, what you are saying is that your opponents don't spend any time before late game neutralizing belles?

Or put themselves in a situation where they are near a marker and out of sight or in difficult terrian. Belles can't be everywhere. You know where those Belles are relative to you going into turn 5, It's not like they can magically Teleport to get LoS and a decent direction on the lure.

18" only matters if there are straight 18" sight-lines on the board, and there should only be a few of them at most.

They bells are working towards the same objectives you are... so let's just make sure that no table has an objective that isn't behind a wall or in terrain? Good luck with that bro :P

Or hope that the bells are not going towards the same turf marker you are, or whatever. Cool I can beat bells by making sure my opponents are all really bad at the game. WOot! I'm playing with newbies only from now on!

If they are luring you they are not moving towards the objective. They can't do both. If they are close enough to you to get to the objective, then after luring you are close enough to stop them walking to the objective with a disengaging strike.