The Brewmaster

TarlSS

Looking at release schedules this guy is coming out soon.

How do you think he'll play with the rest of our crews? I think Moon Shinobi are great of course. Unfortunately they're not really compatible with Toshiro or Kang.

Graves: Push the brewmaster in the enemy's face

Yin: Negs to WP attacks

Sidir: Makes the Brewmaster even more durable

Sensei Yu: Even moar drinking

Fermented River Monk: Obvious, plays better with Toshiro/Kang

Also, Pick Yer Poison works as an unlimited Obey that costs a card on your own models. So that can be pretty nasty. Even better, Apprentice Wesley can do it too. So there's that.

• 3 weeks later...

I am curious who has played Brewmaster as a 10 Thunders master.  Last night, while I was thumbing through the M2E rulebook in looking over the members of his crew, I was surprised to notice that only the Brewmaster is dual faction.  Not even Apprentice Wesley is 10 Thunders.  Further, Brewmaster does not have an Infiltrate: Tri-Chi ability either standard or as an upgrade.  Therefore, any 10 Thunders crew built with him as a master is completely independent of synergy with Tri-Chi or cannot take advantage of his dual faction nature.

Therefore, I am curious how people have (if at all) used him as a 10 Thunders master.  What works?  Is the lack of Tri-Chi that big a deal?

Well, there are the fermented monks who are also strichi and they are pure gold with him. I've only used him once, but I didn't feel like I was handicapped for not having the drunken posse nor his totem. Brewmaster felt like an incredibly string debuffer to me that can work in pretty much any list thanks to that, it just means that you are less focused on spreading poison and more focused on passing hangover around.

I would imagine the archers will be particularly unpleasant for negative flip targets. Mind you, most things will become unpleasant against neg flip targets... ;).

Really looking forward to his release. 

Mmm, actually, add the possible new archer upgrade into the equation and things could get very nastu if you set the hangover targets right.

• Like 1

Mmm, actually, add the possible new archer upgrade into the equation and things could get very nastu if you set the hangover targets right.

Blimey, yeah good point, the beta upgrade would probably mean horrible amounts of blast markers against "drunk" targets. You'd think that might sober them up a bit....;)